cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
deekster
Beginner
Message 1 of 3

BT4500 Answer Machine keeps recording after hangup

This is a difficult one to describe but here goes..

Whenever someone hangs-up after leaving a message, the BT4500 continues to record and does not ‘hang up’. As such you continue the hear, on the loudspeaker, the engaged tone. This will continue forever unless you walk over to the device and press the STOP button.

In other words, the device is not realising that the message has ended.

I’ve tried the phone on two separate land lines, and even swapped the device for a new one

I really like the phone and would like to keep it - but this is a bit of a deal breaker.

Any help or advice much appreciated.

Thanks.

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
NeilO
Message 2 of 3

Re: BT4500 Answer Machine keeps recording after hangup

Hi deekster,

I've taken a look at the user guide and can see that the default message length is set to 3 mins but you can reduce this to either 1 or 2 minutes.  Check out page 43 on the user guide for instructions on changing this.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
deekster
Beginner
Message 3 of 3

Re: BT4500 Answer Machine keeps recording after hangup

Hi Neil,

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

That's actually the solution I have in place at the moment. It's not ideal though. It means we still hear the engaged tone through the loudspeaker for the rest of the minute (after the caller has hung-up), messages longer than a minute get cut off. Also, the line is tied up for the duration of the minute.

I know all the above don't sound like much but really this shouldn't be happening with a new phone.

We run a family business, the machine is in our kitchen(!) so the machine will be in use quite a bit. 

0 Ratings