cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

BT4500 big button phone problem

When in use the phone 'beeps' every five minutes and after about 20 minutes it automatically terminates the call.

What is happening? I can find not reference to this 'feature' in the user guide.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: BT4500 big button phone problem

How long ago did you buy it?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Hi Keith

The two-handset product was only bought at the end of October.

Ken

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Have a similer problem to Ken with the BT4500 cordless dual 'phone. Sometimes ater about 20 mins I hear a beep and then I can hear the caller clearly but the caller can hardly hear me unless I shout, almost inaudible! The quote I got from one caller was 'it sounds like you are speaking from Australia!!'

Rang the BT help number on underside of base unit and went through the reset handset and base unit routine. But no improvement.

Basically fault is intermittent so difficult for manufacturer or BT to solve but if a BT engineer could ask if my or Ken's problem is a known issue then a bit of honesty would be appreciated and we could ask for replacements.

Not angry about this just would like a satisfactory resolution.

Beat Regards,

Mart.

0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 5 of 5

Recently purchased BT4500, only to find the line cord supplied is extremely short and will not stretch to line box, why am I unable to use existing line cord which is also for a BT cordless phone

0 Ratings