cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 3

BT6510

Hi. I've just purchased this phone for my parents, the twin version of it. I set it up and all seemed fine with it until through the night at about 2.30am, it bleeps a few times. Why would this happen, and can it be stopped?!! It is particularly annoying for my mother who has just come out of hospital and is finding a restful night not easy at the best of times, never mind when the new phone starts bleeping in the middle of the night! It just seems to be the main base that does this.

Also, is there a way of changing the number of rings the phone makes before it goes on to the answer machine? There is no information in the Quick User Guide to change anything like this. I had hoped to find a more comprehensive instruction manual online but I haven't seen one yet.

Many thanks,

KH.

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 3

Re: BT6510

The full user guide can be found on this link

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/43193/~/bt6510-nuisance-call-blocker

scroll down the page.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 3

Re: BT6510

As regards the bleeping, could you have accidently set the alarm function.  If as  you say it seems to be  coming from the base unit, could this be plugged in elsewhere and just the handset taken into the bedroom.

The answer machine can be set from 0-9 rings before it cuts in.  Page 45.

I have the BT7600  but it seems to be the same directions in the user guide as mine.

0 Ratings