cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 5

BT8500 Call Guardian lets 'no number' through...

Despite having umpteen ongoing problems with receiving and sending texts, the most annoying is the appearance of 'no number' on caller display, it rings, no way of blocking it as per '100% of nuisance calls blocked' advertised by BT. BT techies say 'that can't happen', well it is happening, with previous BT8500 and replacement.

How do I stop nuisance ringing?

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Message 2 of 5

Re: BT8500 Call Guardian lets 'no number' through...

CAN'T ACTUALLY HELP, GOT THE SAME PROBLEM GLAD YOU BROUGHT UP SUBJECT. APPARENTLY YOU CAN BUY A DEVICE TO HIDE YOUR NUMBER WHEN DIALLING FOR NEXT TO NOTHING, ALSO BT GIVES OUT INFORMATION ON HOW TO HIDE YOUR NUMBER WHEN DIALING SO BEFORE LONG ALL THE TELEMARKETERS WILL BE HIDING THEIR NUMBERS AND THE MONEY WE PAID FOR CALL GUARDIAN PHONES WILL HAVE BEEN WASTED.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 3 of 5

@Detoxifywrote:

Despite having umpteen ongoing problems with receiving and sending texts, the most annoying is the appearance of 'no number' on caller display, it rings, no way of blocking it as per '100% of nuisance calls blocked' advertised by BT. BT techies say 'that can't happen', well it is happening, with previous BT8500 and replacement.

Hi @Detoxify. Did they announce their call (then working as expected) or did the call get through without announcing themselves. If you want to block all calls that withhold their number then http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/8482/~/all-about-anonymous-call-reject

Edit: I believe this is now part of BT Call Protect. If you have BT Call Protect then you can simply switch anonymous calls off in My BT. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 4 of 5

the idea of call guardian is to block ALL unwanted calls , not to have to pay for a service as well

@VeteranISPUserwrote:

@Detoxifywrote:

Hi @Detoxify. Did they announce their call (then working as expected) or did the call get through without announcing themselves. If you want to block all calls that withhold their number then http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/8482/~/all-about-anonymous-call-reject

Edit: I believe this is now part of BT Call Protect. If you have BT Call Protect then you can simply switch anonymous calls off in My BT. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 5 of 5

@IMFEDUPwrote:

the idea of call guardian is to block ALL unwanted calls , not to have to pay for a service as well

@VeteranISPUserwrote:

@Detoxifywrote:

Hi @IMFEDUP. BT Call Protect is free to all BT Home Phone customers  I suspect your expectations of Call Guardian are not realistic and certainly cannot stop ALL unwanted calls.

http://home.bt.com/tech-gadgets/phones-tablets/bt-call-protect-free-service-crackdown-nuisance-calls...

0 Ratings