cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 1 of 3

BT8500 Handset Sound Fault

Recently bought a BT8500 Call Guardian quad pack and have come across an unusual problem with one handset. When first used the keypad "beeped" and the phone rang as expected. However when I tried changing the ring tone for the handset all sounds stopped working and the only thing that works to rectify the issue is to take the battereies out. Is there a fix to this, am I alone??

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 3

Re: BT8500 Handset Sound Fault

Sounds familiar (no pun intended). All my handsets stop ringing on a regular basis (base station still rings). Ringer volume control has no effect even though display changes. Going to Settings, Sounds, Ringing shows ringer melody but still can't adjust volume. Only solution I have found is to go to Settings, Reset, H/set settings. I have to do this for each handset. Fortunately the handset re-syncs so don't loose contacts. There is a BT Help topic regarding handsets that don't ring - did nothing for me, but you could give it a try.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 3 of 3

Re: BT8500 Handset Sound Fault

Problem resolved itself quickly, involved a call to BT Tech Support and a subsequent trip to Currys to pickup a replacement handset, can only think it was some sort of corruption in the firmware as it was quite a specific fault that only manefested with a certain set of keystrokes. Thanks for your response and input though

0 Ratings