Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sapper_Dick
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

BT8500 Unable to call out

Go to solution

I purchased my double BT8500 from Hughes Electrical on Saturday last. I set it up as per the instructions and have received a few calls, however I can't call out. When I call out using my contact list I get 'your number has not been recognised'. I managed to call my mobile while the handset was in the cradle on one occasion and once by dialing my mobile number but 9 times out of 10 I get the message. I have reset the cradle and handset twice but to no avail. Outgoing calls are enabled in the call control. Has anyone else experienced this?

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Devon_Dave
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 6

Re: BT8500 Unable to call out

Go to solution
rather than using a number in the contact list can you call a number manually?
(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
0 Ratings
Sapper_Dick
Beginner
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

Hi Devon_Dave,

I was getting the same with a dialed number, 'sorry the number you have dialed has not been recognised'. I took the telephone back to the shop this morning and as is sods law, the assistant pluigged it in and dialed a couple of numbers with no problems. I bought it home, re-connected it and dialed out-------- connection no problems. I put a number in my contact list, dialed it -----------connection no problem. All fixed! Then this afternoon I tried to ring out half a dozen times both with the key board and contact list and got all sorts of things such as , this number has not been allocated and is not in use!, thank you for calling BT!, sorry the number you dialed has not been recognised!. Back to square one I thought. I unplugged the line cable, which feeds straight into the master socket, waited a few moments, plugged it back in and all then worked fine. I have just called my mobile via contacts and the keypad and it connected fine. I therefore sit with crossed fingers and waiit to see how it performs in the morning. It seemed like it just wants a kick now and then to jar it into working mode.

0 Ratings
Devon_Dave
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution
Have you tried it in the test point of your main telephone socket? it could ve a fair with wiring or equipment in your house.
(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
Sapper_Dick
Beginner
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution
Thanks. It is plugged into a second master socket which by-passes all other household outlets. Seems to be working fine now.
0 Ratings
Ninny
Beginner
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

I have a strange problem with the bt8500. Sometimes when I dial out I do not hear any ring tone although the person that I am calling can hear that I am calling. At other times, the phone works fine. There does not seem to be any reason for this, any ideas? 

0 Ratings