cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 14

BT8500 call guardian

My BT 8500 call guardian used to work fine. We took the call guardian off because we thought it was putting people off from phoning us.  We have put it back on and now for some reason, it will only offer options 1 and 4.  This means nobody can get straight through regardless of how many times they have phoned.   I have tried the reset, but it is still the same.

0 Ratings
13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14

Re: BT8500 call guardian

Hi @MrRonMcArthur welcome to the community and thanks for posting, you need to add the number to your contacts list to allow it straight through. Check out page 11 on the user guide for more info on how to set that up.  

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 14

Thanks, but most of the numbers are on the contact list

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 14

@MrRonMcArthur, do you have caller display on your line?

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 14

No
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 14

It needs Caller Display active, for it to work.

If you are a BT Retail customer, its a free addon.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 14

OK, thanks, but it worked before?
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 14

@MrRonMcArthur wrote:
OK, thanks, but it worked before?

Are you a BT Retail customer, and did you recently change or renew your contract?

If you did, then Caller Display needs to be added again. Its easy to do and takes about 24 hours to activate.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 14

Thanks, I did renew the contract for broadband. I will go and check.. Thanks for your help.
0 Ratings
Message 10 of 14

@MrRonMcArthur wrote:
Thanks, I did renew the contract for broadband. I will go and check.. Thanks for your help.

That would explain it.

If you logiin to MyBT and manage your landline features, you will find that once you progress your order, you will see the caller display option at the top. You just need to select it and proceed to the checkout.

You will receive an acknowledgment, and as it a simple function to be added to your line, its usually quick.

0 Ratings