My 2 year old BT8500 has worked fine up to a few weeks back. But after receiving an unexpected text on Sept 2nd saying 'reset OK, you can now send & recieve texts . . ' I notice I can now not send texts to my mobile phone, and the answerphone message alert texts are not received either.
I can send texts from my BT8500 landline to itself, both written texts and answerphone message text alerts.
I can send texts from my BT8500 to my neighbour's landline, but not their EE mobile phone.
I can send texts from my BT Mobile to my BT8500 landline.
I do not receive texts from BT8500 on my BT Mobile (also EE?)
My son's mobile phone (Vodaphone) does not receive texts from my BT8500.
A text re-register message to 00000 is sent and is always successfully acknowledged.
Service Centre numbers are correct.
BT8500 always says "message sent" but message is not received on mobiles above.
No error messages received.
(Hermes delivery advisory texts are received on my BT8500 to me as voice).
I am sure my BT8500 is working correctly. There appears to be an issue in BT Text to mobile networks?
BT chat helplines not a great help but put me onto Product Helpline. Product Helpline tried but have run out of ideas.
I don't normally text from my BT8500 but as I am now out of the house quite a bit for family medical reasons, the answerphone message alert texts are useful.
Can anyone please help? I hope the information above is useful.
Further to the above, my neighbour also has a BT8500 on BT landline.
Sending texts to my mobile from their BT8500 also doesn't work. Texts do not arrive although BT8500 says "message sent".
I think I have now proved my BT8500 is OK. and as the neighbour's phone is the same, there must be an issue within BT Text.
Can anyone help please?
I have the same problem. I've reset the phone on BT instructions.
I can receive text messages from my mobile but cannot reply or send to it.
I've had a text message to say I should be able to send or receive texts but alas no joy
Just to let you know, I've changed the number to be texted to my wife's mobile on Vodafone and it works perfectly with the text message about the voicemail getting through in a couple of minutes.
Must be an issue with BT Mobile (EE) . Please chase BT, as I will, to resolve their problem.
I have spent an hour on various sections of BT Support, all were helpful but ran out of ideas.
Although, you, my neighbour, and myself all have the same problem, I did agree to do a base reset, and like you, it made no difference.
I did notice while trying things that my Service Centre numbers seem to get corrupted. However, they are stable now and I still have the problem.
I asked BT Support if there was an escallation procedure or a Support Function for BT Text, and there isn't!
Even the www.bt.com/bttext link seen on the phone and a help web page only leads to a marketing page.
So I don't know where to go now.
Any ideas, anyone?
Further info on this problem:
From the BT Text info pages ( http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/9043/related/1 ), if I prefix a BT8500 text message with *3# to send message as voice, the message successfully arrives in my BT Mobile voicemail.
If I prefix a BT8500 text message with *0# to get a deivery status report, nothing happens. Message doesn't arrive and no status report received.
With reference to the text I sent with the prefix *0# I have now received a notification text 24 hours later saying "Notifcation for message 004 to (my BT Mobile): UNKNOWN".
I can only assume the message was received OK into the network, but for some reason not deliverd.
I can only assume also the my BT8500 is working OK.
I only end up going round loops in Mobile, Landline & Product Support groups in BT.
Can sonmeone please help us with this issue?
It transpires my son's mobile is not Vodafone, it is Virgin Mobile (which also runs on EE?). So that's why I couldn't send a BT8500 landline text to him.
Last night I was on BT Chat for 2 hours being bounced around various support groups. One told me to contact EE as I thought it is their problem! I am a BT Customer, not an EE Customer. It is a BT landline phone, a BT network and a BT Mobile so BT should own this problem. And BT now owns EE!
I still can't seem to get anyone to understand that a BT landline sends text messages but they don't arrive on any mobile using the EE network. There are similar problems on the EE Forum, also Orange customers seem affected.
Anyway, I now have two open BT faults for my mobile and my landline, I am not confident that is going to get me anywhere.
This is a BT Text on EE network problem!
Help! Someone, help!
@PeterS2 I'm sorry to see you're BT text service is not working when sending to phones on the EE network. We'll be happy to get this reported and investigated if you send us over your details using the 'click here to contact the mods' link. You can find the link by clicking on my username.