Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Daftpilot
Beginner
Message 1 of 9

BT8500 handset battery life.

Go to solution
I have owned a triple set of BT8500 phones for over a year. As far as the call blocker is concerned I have no complaints - I haven't had to answer an unwanted call since I installed it. However, if I am on a call (or waiting in a queue) for more than about 20 minutes the phone cuts off with no warning, and shows symptoms of low battery charge. The advice from BT was to do a factory reset - that made no difference at all. I have tried completely exhausting the handset batteries and recharging, and I have replaced all the batteries with the Which recommended brand (Varta), but the problem is still there. I now have a corded phone on the line and leave the handset off the hook if I'm likely to be on a long call, so that the call isn't dropped. I have a Panasonic cordless with the same battery setup which lasts forever, as should the BT phones. Has anyone else had this problem and found a solution?
Tags (1)
0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Havnalaff
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 9

Re: BT8500 handset battery life.

Go to solution

@Daftpilot, the batteries you describe, are they lithium batteries? If so, they do not have 'memories' and can be charged anytime. Anything with a battery in it is dodgy in my experience, I just don't trust them. I hope you can get this sorted out soon, best regards.

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 9

Go to solution

The batteries in those phones are NiMh type rechargeable. They should last 18-24 months if looked after.

0 Ratings
kenkenthom
Beginner
Message 4 of 9

Go to solution

Exactly the same problem with BT8500 after 20 minutes drop out.

Would love a solution.

0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 9

Go to solution
change the batteries
0 Ratings
aurion22
Beginner
Message 6 of 9

Go to solution

My BT8500 batteries keep failing, too. Does anyone know where on the BT site they are sold? I can't see them anywhere.

😞

Loretta

0 Ratings
DanielS
Message 7 of 9

Go to solution

Hi @aurion22,

Replacement parts, such as batteries, are available to order through the Product Helpdesk.

You can find the Product helpdesk information at the following page: BT8500

Thanks

DanielS

0 Ratings
aurion22
Beginner
Message 8 of 9

Go to solution
Thanks .. but I've found a website online which sells the right batteries and have already ordered them. They should be easier to find if BT want people to buy from them.
🙂
0 Ratings
DanielS
Message 9 of 9

Go to solution

I'm glad you've got them ordered @aurion22 Smiley Happy

Enjoy the rest of your weekend

DanielS

0 Ratings