I'm after some assistance - the broadband has been slow but stable for the last 5 or so years and then 2 weeks ago it died. Raising a ticket resulted in a diagnosis of 'line problem' so an OpenReach engineer was dispatched and has done his thing and resolved the line issue - earthing issue where the cable meets the house.
No broadband was available after this so a call was raised on broadband. Diagnosed as somewhere in the retail servers area whatever that may mean.
I've since had a fault resolved, accept fix notification but the connection keeps dropping out for hours at a time.
The logs are next to useless - consistent message of:
WAN Connection WAN1_INTERNET_B_ATM2_0_35 disconnected. [ERROR_NO_CARRIER]
WAN Connection WAN3_TR069_INTERNET_R_ATM1_0_38 disconnected. [ERROR_NO_CARRIER]
DSL Link Down:the duration is XXXXXXXX seconds
When it is connected the stats are always similar to:
Line state: Connected
Downstream: 2,528 kbps
upstream: 448 kbps
Modulation: G.992.1 Annex A
Latency Type: Interleaved
Noise Margin (down/up): 6.1 dB / 7.0 dB
Line attenuation (down/up): 20.0 dB / 10.0 dB
Output Power (down/up): 19.6 dBM / 10.6 dBM
FEC Events (down/up): 2816 / 0
All other errors below this are 0/0
I've noted a couple of times that its tried to start with a 7,2xx kbps downstream but the noise ratio has been 1.0 dB and its quickly dropped back to 2,5xx
The speed test solutions report various results of 1.9 - 2.3 mbps download
the upload for BTs version is 0.02 mbps and speedtest.net drops out.
I've tried the contact the mods but it's been directed through to India - I've had a message I couldn't understand and an email from someone (assume the same person) saying please call the help desk which seems to be a waste of time as the few people of iteracted with have obviously been following a script.
The Hub is a home hub 3 running the latest firmware (apparently - although this is dated 1/1/2010)
Wireless all works fine. Testing on HomeHub 1.5 has exactly the same thing so pretty sure that it's not the hub at fault.
Plugged in directly to the master socket - which has been completely rewired by the OR engineer. using the test port directly made no difference so the engineer put in an OR adsl faceplate (the one with 2 sockets) the house ring was disconnected and made no difference. it is now reconnected, there is only a single socket in use and this has the new adsl filter attached.
It was annoying but now it has gone way beyond that. Any assistance appreciated.
Hi Welcome to the forums
Here are some help pages done by CL Keith http://forumhelp.dyndns.org/speed/Speed.html
also post your full hub stats by entering 192.168.1.254 into your web browser address bar and navigate to adsl or use a-z, if netgear enter 192.168.0.1
Can you also post the full results from BT Speedtest speedtester.bt.com
Have you tried connecting to the test socket at the rear of the master socket
Have you tried the quiet line test? - dial 17070 option 2 - should hear nothing - best done with a corded phone. if cordless phone you may hear a 'dull hum' which is normal
This is a customer to customer self help forum the only BT presence here are the forum moderators
Thanks these are the ones from yesterday but as it is down again I'm on the dongle at the moment.
Yes, I've used the test socket - no difference
Yes, quiet line test is silent
The biggest issue is the downtime.
came back up 30mins ago after 6hours of outage.
and the bt speed test:
I have contacted the mods via the contact form and it certainly seems that it was forwarded to the Indian team as the message that was left on my machine today was unintelligible and the follow up email is from the Indian help desk advising I call the standard number.
using that link should not go to the help desk the mods are UK based BT Specialists who are actually in Northern Ireland they do not pass things on to the help desk in fact they take personal ownership of problems until resolved
the email to the mods does not get forwarded to the Indian CS. your reply is probably a result of your previous contact form and original ticket
Hi the email subject is: BT Community Forum [Incident: 120610-*****]
so made the obvious assumption