cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BRACKEN
Contributor
Message 1 of 16

BTFON-GON

Why does my laptop say limited or no connectivity when i try to connect to btfon using my home hub.

0 Ratings
15 REPLIES 15
BRACKEN
Contributor
Message 2 of 16

Re: BTFON-GON

If i give the wireless cards tcp/ip ip add 10.19.--.--   subnet 255.0.0.0.  def gate 10.19.--.--   dns 192.168.22.22  alt dns 192.168.22.23   I can get the connected to BT open zone but unable to connect to the net

0 Ratings
dodger
Contributor
Message 3 of 16

I have the exact same problem as you with my home hub 3.  If i do get connected i can't get to the Openzone landing page even if i use this link https://www.btopenzone.com:8443/home or https://www.btopenzone.com:8443/status

0 Ratings
BRACKEN
Contributor
Message 4 of 16

Thats my prob to a tee. I can remember that before i got this black hub i could use fon just to see if it was still avail. Now its just a nightmare to connect. I just use this lap top from home and i am wondering if my fon slot is being used by someone else. What level of signal strength would you expect to see if fon was avail. My BB talk light is flashing again. Try a reset no joy. Will live with this . I am frightened to phone help desk at present. The only thing that is going for me is BB. Any thoughts would be good.

0 Ratings
dodger
Contributor
Message 5 of 16

I have finally got it working with the home hub 3

First i created a new wireless network

wireless.jpg

then clicked OK, the wireless connected then connected to BT Fon.

Once connected i then navigated to the landing page using the links above and logged succesfully.

Hope this helps

0 Ratings
BRACKEN
Contributor
Message 6 of 16

Hi thanks for that tried with two different lap tops same condition limited or no connectivity. I think i have eliminated the laptops as cause of problem. My next thought is to turn to my config manager and remove my wpa2  encryption.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 7 of 16

@BRACKEN wrote:

Hi thanks for that tried with two different lap tops same condition limited or no connectivity. I think i have eliminated the laptops as cause of problem. My next thought is to turn to my config manager and remove my wpa2  encryption.

Hi BRACKEN

It's nothing to do with your laptops... or the encryption...

Here is the reason - http://community.bt.com/t5/BB-Out-About/BT-Fon-access-problems/m-p/149935#M4199

(note the factory reset...)

-+-No longer a forum member-+-
BRACKEN
Contributor
Message 8 of 16

Read the post will give it a crack. Hope it works and puts some peace to an on going small hours of the nite-mare.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 9 of 16

After the reset, try to connect to Fon after 5 mins or so.

If it still doesn't work, you may need to wait 24-72 hours for the Fon firmware update to be sent to the hub.

-+-No longer a forum member-+-
0 Ratings
BRACKEN
Contributor
Message 10 of 16

Thanks DS but i have been told to leavei it working until it falls over that should not be long with my past performance. I am surprised that the power behind the button has not sent a global email to hhub users to push the button. Maybe not a good idea all the data on the end of the hh being reset will fly into outer space and be lost. There again might be a good idea.

0 Ratings