Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Malacath
Expert
Message 11 of 31

Re: BTFON & BTOPENZONE connection problems

Same problem here.

I've tried using 2 different laptops by 2 different manufacturers. Ones an Acer and the other HP.

I can see the networks but they have limited connectivity and no landing page at all. 

This has been ever since my exchange had the ADSL2 upgrade.

0 Ratings
jaanboy
Message 12 of 31

Wow, I'm thinking of getting BT Fon as the idea is great. So many people on this thread have had similar problems since April yet theres not one answer from BT to resolve them? Until I see positive recommendations for BT Fon or at least some answers to these peoples issues I'm staying away. Come on please BT!!! Please explain ! 😉

0 Ratings
sbowles
Message 13 of 31

Yes same here ! how come i can connect to btfon when at home ( it comes up as btfon2)( i know im next to my home hub) but when im at work it says im connected  bt no internet access....... why doesnt it connect to the network ?? i have 4 bars ..it says the connection is good but no internet..this is with my laptop...should i have used the cd that came with the home hub package ???  but surely if that was the problem it wouldnt connect to btfon from home would it ??....i will try 2mrw to type in the openzone 8443 in browser see if that works.... Anyone have any answers or suggestions ??

0 Ratings
davidb00
Aspiring Expert
Message 14 of 31

0 Ratings
Emani
Beginner
Message 15 of 31

Re: BTFON & BTOPENZONE connection problems - opt out

I have been trying for over 6 months and have not been able to solve this problem, I cannot connect on my Ipod either (and I have been doing exactly what is shown). 

I have now given up and opted out of Fon, if I can't use it I don't see why I should let others use my bandwith.  Though why they should want to when I only get .5mb speed I can't imagine! 

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 31

I've been searching for a Fon point ever since it was launched.  I know there are users near me, but I have never found a single one.

AQ.
"Welcome to Royston Vasey - You'll never leave."

0 Ratings
Emani
Beginner
Message 17 of 31

I have tried every single solution that has been mentioned in these forums and none of them have worked.  I have spent hours on it. 

0 Ratings
Malacath
Expert
Message 18 of 31

@Emani wrote:

I have been trying for over 6 months and have not been able to solve this problem, I cannot connect on my Ipod either (and I have been doing exactly what is shown). 

I have now given up and opted out of Fon, if I can't use it I don't see why I should let others use my bandwith.  Though why they should want to when I only get .5mb speed I can't imagine! 

Same here. Fon hasn't worked in my area for months now. Thats on two different laptops by two different manufactures. I've even tried Linux in case it was a windows issues. Still the same. Doesn't work.
Laptops connect but it says no internet. And there is no landing page either.
I was last able to use it in June. Since then i've had a new laptop and the exchange has upgraded to ADSL2.
It doesn't work on my Acer laptop which has Windows 7 and Ubuntu linux on it.
It also doesn't work on my dads HP laptop. So either  the service isn't compatible with Acer or HP laptops or more likely the ADSL2 upgrade on my exchange broke the service.
So i've had to opt out as well. It is pointless being opted in to a service that doesn't work. The airwaves are congested enough with wi-fi signals without having useless BTfon and openzone signals adding to the congestion.

0 Ratings
Madman
Beginner
Message 19 of 31

Hello Newbie,

I have encountered exactly the same problem and I am relatively new to BT.  As you can see from my Username I encountered many problems durnig the start of my contract with BT least of which is now not being able to log on to BT Openzone using my mobile phone or laptop computers. My computers and phone "see" the router and Openzone and actually say they have connected but there is really no connection.  I am going to try again and at the same time access my router to see if a connection to either device exists.

However, I have been able to connect to Openzone up until a few days ago which is suggesting a problem at the BT end - it may be volume related as their Sales campaign has been very successful, but now my problem.

I have found the only way to resolve issues of any kind is to actually write to BT and avoid the frustration of overseas call centres.  They respond very quickly, always by phone from a UK based centre, and the caller is always very polite, knowledgable and thus far have resolved my problems.

I shall be writing to BT about this problem if I can't sort it our myself and will post their response.  I am going to try for a few more days prior to doing this and experiment a bit.

If you want to write to BT the address is:

BT Customer Correspondence Centre

Providence Row

Durham

DH98 1BT

By the way, I can log on to my Home Hub 3 directly on both laptops but I am then of course losing the benefit of free downloads as I have a 10GB TV package download limit in my current contract.

Hope you get your problem resolved

Madman

0 Ratings
Odd_blob
Message 20 of 31

Spoiler
SOLUTION! 😄 

Ok, first of all, this worked for me on Openzone and BTFON, I had been using it for the first time, about 30minutes in it cut off, unable to reconnect I eventually gave up, but today, I found out if you change the Internet setting so BTFON and Openzone aren't public networks ( I changed them to Home, not sure if Work network works ) then it works, and I can use  the Openzone and BTFON again 😄 

HOPE THIS SOLUTION HELPS YOU ASWELL 😄  

0 Ratings