elmgrove69
Beginner
Message 31 of 44

Re: BTHub 3 Kodak ESP Printer - wireless printing issues

Go to solution

Please help.

My kodak printer worked fine wirelessly on my old hub

but since infinity was installed

the laptop can not find the printer and i get blue flashing lights on the printer.

i am not technical,

so be gentle with me !!!!!!!

Christine

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 32 of 44

Go to solution
have you entered the new security wireless code from your new hub into the printer ?
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 33 of 44

Go to solution

Have you read all of this thread from the first page?

Also, your printer is listed on this page

Help with setting up routers, wireless repeaters, TVs and printers, VOIP Phones

0 Ratings
Ipswichblade
Aspiring Contributor
Message 34 of 44

Go to solution

You will see from the posts that I had problems back in 2011 however i found a solution and then the problem stopped. Fast forward to Feb 2013 and the problem with the printer is back, I had Infinity fitted in December but no other changes. The solution is still the same switch form b/g to b/g/n apply then switch back and apply again. The worst thing however is that one of the laptops in the house now has the same problem, not just the printer. So my questions are why would this problem suddenly start again after iover a year and why is one of the laptops (not all) having the same issue

Any ideas?

0 Ratings
N_Vic
Beginner
Message 35 of 44

Go to solution

I have the same problem and use the same solution.

Had a Kodak Wireless C310 - set it up worked fine for months, then all of a sudden it stopped working, I tried disconneting it from the network and reconnecting, this would occasionally work but no longer. The only solution is I change the HomeHub settings from b/g/n to b/g then it works....for a while....then to fix again I change it back from b/g to b/g/n and the print queue downloads and its off again.

There is plainly some sort of comms issue between the two of them and presumably by making these changes the printer is re-establishing itself on the network some how?

But it is not a kodak problem as I have a Lexmark that exhibits alarmingly similar behaviour!

Is anyone able to explain what is happening and why this works? Can BT fix it?

I had lots of problems with a vodafone sure signal too, so I think there are connectivity problems that BT are not telling us about.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
pobox999
Beginner
Message 36 of 44

Go to solution

My Kodak C310 ESP printer just starting losing its wireless connection intermittently - oddly after having a replacment bthomehub (I'm using infinity) installed.

Its the second time its happened in a couple of weeks.

I cleared the problem by logging onto my bt home hub (ip addres=192.168.1.254 default I think) and selecting advanced settings - wireless and change the wireless channel number.

A minute or so after pressing apply the printer jumped back into life.

The workaround for this problem would seem to be to change the wireless channel. (Its odd that my laptop was working fine with the old channel when the printer had stopped working - some incompatibility beween the latest hub and the printer possibly?) 

0 Ratings
harpersimon
Message 37 of 44

Go to solution

I have the same issue with the Kodak ESP printer, although its not limited to this printer just before anyone suggests the printer - its not. 

BT - I know this is a public forum but the mods needs to forward this transcript to tech. dept for resolution. 

There are enough people here with the issue now to warrant it. I've called and 'chatted' to BT and they deny the issue / want me to call a premium line for support/blame the printer etc but this is a protocol issue on the Home hub as proven many times above (otherwise the channelb/g/n fix wouldn't work)

I've tried everything, and I am technical - all happened after infinty came along so I am probably going to throw the BT hub in the bin and use ANOTher cable / VDSL modem to be frank and the BT hub is dross. 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 38 of 44

Go to solution
which hub did you have before you changed to infinity
0 Ratings
pobox999
Beginner
Message 39 of 44

Go to solution

I had BT Home Hub 2 originally and the printer was fine. A BT Engineer replaced it with a BT Home Hub 3 which is when the printer problem started. Looks like there's a bug in the new BT home hub 3 wireless firmware (Note: all my other devices ipad, iphone, panasonic surround sound, qnap backup are ok - its a particular persistence connectivity problem between the hub and printer ?)

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 40 of 44

Go to solution
have you read through Keith's link earlier in the thread there is nothing involving the hub firmware that would single out one printer manufacturer
0 Ratings