cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GPL
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

BTHub 5 connection problems

I have a BTHub5 dual band and some devices were having problems connecting so I have followed the advice to change the SSID names so there is a different one for 2.4GHz and one for 5GHz.  My Windows 8.1 laptop adaptor does not support 5GHz and so only the 2.4GHz SSID shows as available.  However it will no longer connect on wireless.  No other devices have this problem. Adaptor works fine as it will connect to a BT hotspot.  Could changing the SSIDs and this connection problem be linked?

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: BTHub 5 connection problems

I haven't got Windows 8.1, but if its possible, delete the hub from the network list and let it re-discover it.

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 4

If you go into the Network and Sharing Centre  then go to "manage wireless networks" and you should see all the networks that your computer has connected to. Highlight the ones you don't want and click "Remove".

You should then be able to re-scan for networks and connect to your Homehub. Remember to use the wireless passkey that is on the Homehub label unless you have changed it to something else when you split the SSids. 

0 Ratings
GPL
Beginner
Message 4 of 4

I've just done the obvious and re-merged the SSIDs and reset the Hub and laptop has connected via wireless.so, one issue resolved for now.

0 Ratings