cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Linda_61
Beginner
Message 1 of 12

BTInfinity CD V2.0.1 - LaunchHM.exe Entry Point Not Found Error

Following the installation of my new Infinity hub and as instructed by the BT engineer I have run the installation CD and although two new shortcut icons have been placed on my desktop (MyBT and BT email and Search) when I select either I get an error message LaunchHM.exe Entry Point Not Found Error.  The dialogue is "the procedure entry point IsDefaultBrowserIE could not be located in Dynamic Link Library BTCommon.dll  Does anyone have any suggestions how to solve this?

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 12

Re: BTInfinity CD V2.0.1 - LaunchHM.exe Entry Point Not Found Error

hi yes the general opinion of the forum user is to uninstall it it can cause more problems than it is worth
Linda_61
Beginner
Message 3 of 12

Thanks John

0 Ratings
ScottishDancer
Beginner
Message 4 of 12

I'm new to this forum, so  please let me know if I should have done something differently, but I had the same problem as Linda_61 after installing the CD which came with my BT Infinity. Following your reply, I tried to uninstall BT Life and BT email and search, but they weren't in my list of programmes. So how should I proceed? Shall I just delete the icons?

Thanks,

SD

0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 12

deleting the icons will not remove the programmes they should be in add remove programmes
0 Ratings
ScottishDancer
Beginner
Message 6 of 12

How do I uninstall them? I have 2 programmes listed under BT: BT Desktop Help and BT Homehub-

Thank you for your reply

SCottish Dancer

0 Ratings
DS
Distinguished Guru
Message 7 of 12

Uninstalling BT Desktop Help

1. Go to Start
  2. Select All programs
  3. Select BT Desktop Help from the list, then Uninstall BT Desktop Help
  4. Follow the onscreen wizard through to completion
  5. Check the Task Manager Processes tab (Ctrl + Alt + Del -> Task Manager) and "End Task" if any of the following are listed:
    • BTHelpNotifer.exe
    • McciTrayApp.exe
    • McciServiceHost.exe
    • If you see McciCMService.exe, 'stop' this in Services (Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Services)
  6. Open the Registry (Start -> Run -> Type "Regedit") and delete the following directories:
    • HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Motive
    • HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Motive
    • (If you have a 64-bit computer) HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Motive
  7. Clear the Internet Explorer Cache and Cookies (Within IE -> Internet Options -> Delete…)
  8. Delete any leftover Program Folders from Windows Explorer (Windows Key + E):

Windows XP

• C:\Program Files\BT Broadband Desktop Help
    • C:\Program Files\Common Files\Motive
    • C:\ProgramData\Motive
    • C:\Documents and Settings\"Username"\Application Data\Roaming\Motive ("Username" is the name of your Windows account)

Windows Vista & Windows 7

• C:\Program Files\BT Broadband Desktop Help
    • C:\Program Files\Common Files\Motive
    • C:\ProgramData\Motive
    • C:\Users\"Username"\AppData\Roaming\Motive ("Username" is the name of your Windows account)

If you have a 64-bit computer

• C:\Program Files (x86)\BT Broadband Desktop Help
    • C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Motive
  9. Restart your PC
-+-No longer a forum member-+-
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 12

Hi DS, Just a thought.  While your guide to removing all the BT **bleep** is great and in depth do you not feel it is a bit too indepth for an apparent novice. Would removing the programes via the uninstaller not be sufficient and avoid the need for the OP to edit the registry with all the dangers associated with that.

DS
Distinguished Guru
Message 9 of 12

@gg30340 wrote:

Hi DS, Just a thought.  While your guide to removing all the BT **bleep** is great and in depth do you not feel it is a bit too indepth for an apparent novice. Would removing the programes via the uninstaller not be sufficient and avoid the need for the OP to edit the registry with all the dangers associated with that.

It's the only way to remove it:( and no just uninstalling doesn't delete ALL of it

(plus this IS BT's method for removal)

If only they didn't burn this c-r-a-p in to the OS system in the first place.........

-+-No longer a forum member-+-
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 12

OK,fair enough, it was just in case they made a mistake and I agree they shouldn't put on in the first place