Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 11 of 14

Re: BTMail address/password not recognised

As I and others have explained. If you can log and use your email address it is not and email problem.

You were trying to check your status on BTWifi, hence it was moved to the board that deals with BTWifi problems.

**Edited**

It just so happens that with BTWifi, which is what you were checking in that link you posted,  requires you to use your email address as a user name

It could just as easily have asked you to select anything you want as your user name but BT in their "wisdom" chose to have users use their BT email address. Some "newer" users happen to use their BTID which is not necessarily their BT email address.

What has probably happened in this instance is that your user name, which happens to be your email address, is not being recognised and needs re-set by BT.

**Edited**

wotcha
Beginner
Message 12 of 14

I fully understand what a user ID is. Your statement that "What has probably happened in this instance is that your user name, which happens to be your email address, is not being recognised and needs re-set by BT." seems to be plausible. However, before I enter the labyrinth of the BT Call Centre, can you please explain in simple terms why you are convinced this is a wi-fi problem - as this information may help me in my discussions with BT. Thanks

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 13 of 14

It is NOT a wifi problem. It is a BTWifi user name problem!

gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 14 of 14

As it would appear that my post has been edited by a moderator for some unknown reason I will no longer be posting on this thread.

0 Ratings