Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ippylad
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 3

BTO -Street Works..

Go to solution

Hi

Can anyone help, BTO have been doing work at the local exchange and at some of the green boxes on the end of the streets. I went and asked the openreach guy what was going on as my router kept dropping connection ( although the IP address stayed?).. He told me that the local exchange was getting upgraded to the 21c equipment...

A road at the side of my house, has markings where it looks like they are going to dig and put some sort of hub... but my sync and IP Profile has dropped I have waited a few days but the profile has not changed... one other things BTW line checker and sam knows both showed my exchange to be updates by the end of the month last week.. now both show no dates set?

Any suggestion on how to get my line and IP profile back and find out about my exchange?

Thanks

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: BTO -Street Works..

Go to solution
Hi
If you leave your hub connected with no resets for 3/5 days your ip profile will return on its own and so will your speed
Titanic
Contributor
Message 3 of 3

Re: BTO -Street Works..

Go to solution

Do you mean 21CN or Infinity?

Openreach do not have to do any work at the Cabs for 21CN,and providing 21CN equipment in the Exchange should not have any effect on you existing DSLAM.

Likewise installing Fibre for Infinity would not have any effect. There may be a faulty developed on your line

Do the lights go out on your router when you loose connection  and have you checked the line stats from your router?.

0 Ratings