Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 2

BTSport through sky box. with BT TV and infinity

Hi,

I was wanting to know if its possible to watch BT Sport through my sky box without paying an extra £5 subscription fee?

I am a customer and subscriber to the service, however i chose to get Bt Sport for free with BT TV.

I have set everything up and it works fine through the Youview box, but i cant seem to find any way of getting it onto the sky box. I thought the sky box would be able to pick up the subscription as it is connected to the Homehub wirelessly. Is this possible, i work shifts and ideally would like to be able to use the sky box's record function.

Any help would be much appreciated, cheers

Sam

*edit* Ive just had a read around and it sounds like i might hvae to pay an extra £49 activation fee to get it through my sky box. Is this in anyway avodable? i paid a £55 activation when i first subscribed. 

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 2

Re: BTSport through sky box. with BT TV and infinity

BT allow you to have one discounted subscription to BT Sport with your BT TV/Broardband contract

- so you should be able to opt to receive the discounted rate on the Sky platform rather than your current BT Youview box if you wish - the discount rate is different - so £0 (free) with BT TV package on Youview but £5 on the Sky platform with the BT Broadband package.

Activation fees are normally only charged when broadband/Infinity is first installed , a new or replacement Youview or Youview+ box is supplied , they are not I believe charged when you take up BT Sport at the discount rate as a BT Broadband customer on Sky - but would be charged to (normally non BT broadband ) customers who opt for BT Sport at standard prices.

Other options exist - eg BT Sport Lite , upgrading from a non recordable Youview box tp a recordable Youview+ box  - some upgrades/downgrades may change your minimum term contract terms.

0 Ratings