cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 22

BTTV Flexible Packages - define change every 30 days...?

Just wondering if anyone can explain the phrase "you can change to another one every 30 days"

Have been trying to get clarification of this from BT Customer Service, but on-one can explain the practicalities of the real world.

My interpretation of this is that BT will set a fixed/pre-determined date within the month and call this “changing day”.  Let’s assume it is the 1st of every month.  The customer can either upgrade, downgrade or remain on this allocated day, if they choose to/not to, then they cannot change up, down or remain until the 1st of the next month.  Pretty inflexible to tie down a specific date for changing.

Or do I need to stay on a particular chosen package for a minimum of 30 days...?  In which case I could then downgrade after say 45 days on a higher priced package, and only pay for 45 days on a pro rata basis.  But I couldn't downgrade after say 15 days.

There is also the question of notice period to upgrade or downgrade.  If 30 days notice is required, then I will need to give notice immediately after changing, if I only want the change for 30 days.

Any help given most appreciated...thank you

0 Ratings
21 REPLIES 21
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 2 of 22

Re: BTTV Flexible Packages - define change every 30 days...?

My understanding is that the starting point is the day on which your service goes live, so if your service goes/went live on (say) the 23rd of the month then you can change your package on the 23rd of the following month

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 22

I'm sure it's you can upgrade anytime and as often as you like, you can only downgrade/remove a bolt on once every month, which implies giving 30 days notice.

0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 4 of 22

@-Richie-wrote:

I'm sure it's you can upgrade anytime and as often as you like, you can only downgrade/remove a bolt on once every month, which implies giving 30 days notice.

"You can change your package once a month if you want to" (www.bt.com)

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 22

I believe the wording is

If you have a Flexible BT TV service:

(i) you can change your TV package once a month throughout your minimum term.

(ii) any changes will take place from the date we tell you when you make the change. Until that date, you’ll continue to have access to the content for the period you’ve paid for. After that date, you’ll have access to the new content and will be charged at the new price agreed.

ii) any changes to your TV package will be charged at the standard price as set out in our Tariff Guide.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 22

Thank you zulu17...I have read this previously...but still not clear.

So the question is now "define once a month".

Can I upgrade from Sport to Big Sport on the 30th January, and then downgrade back to Sport on the 2nd February.  One change in the month of Jan and one change in the month of Feb.

Will I only be charged for 4 days while on Big Sport...?  Or will I be charged for 2 separate months worth...?

Nothing from BT gives clarity.

0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 7 of 22

@wdpwdpwrote:

Thank you zulu17...I have read this previously...but still not clear.

So the question is now "define once a month".

Can I upgrade from Sport to Big Sport on the 30th January, and then downgrade back to Sport on the 2nd February.  One change in the month of Jan and one change in the month of Feb.

Will I only be charged for 4 days while on Big Sport...?  Or will I be charged for 2 separate months worth...?

Nothing from BT gives clarity.

As I understand it, you can request a change at any time, but it will only be implemented on the monthly anniversary of your service going live, your subscription will change at the same time

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 22

Hi @wdpwdp 

It has to be a whole month, as in an average of 30 days. Otherwise customers would turn it on and off for one off events.

Considering how much wording BT piles into their T&Cs, you would think that they could explain the basics from a customers point of view.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 22

Hi wdpwdp, thanks for posting, I'm sorry for any confusion caused.  To clarify you will be able to downgrade the package or bolt on after 30 days from when it was provided. 

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 22

Hi Neil,

I am guessing that given your Moderator title, you are a BT employee.

Please don't be insulted, but your response is just as vague as every other response that I have had from BT.

I understand how bolt-ons work.  It is the switch between Sport Package and Big Sport Package which concerns me.

To question your answer, can I upgrade/downgrade after 28 days, 29 days, 31 days, 32 days from when it was provided, or can it only be done on day 30, or any multiple of 30 days...60 days, 90 days.

Please would you be able to re-read my original post and address the issues raised there.

Is there a BT web page which notes the terms and conditions in detail and covers all eventualities, because I can't find it.

Thank you.

0 Ratings