Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 11 of 22

Re: BTTV with a Synology RT2600AC router

Posting in another area of the forum, will not help, as nobody here can help with that router.

The moderators are jus BT Employees, not technical experts, and BT cannot provide support for third party routers.

You can buy a router for as little as £40, which works fine with BTTV, so why waste your time with the Synology? There are also other routers which work with BTTV without any issues.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 12 of 22

As far as I'm aware IPTV uses the same VLAN as your normal connection i.e 101. Try priority as 802.1q tagged

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 13 of 22

@Keith_Beddoe  Saying that nobody here can help with that router, is a bit of a sweeping statement! I don't want help with the router, I want information which only BT can supply (from what I believe) or someone else who knows this information (like @licquorice has just posted).

The reason why I addressed this to moderators was not that I assume they are knowledgeable. They see much more of these forums than most people and would have been more likely to have come across a previously answered question elsewhere in these forums.

I "waste my time" with Synology products for the same reason you "waste your time" on these forums. I like and enjoy them and it is my choice to buy what I like.

For your (and others) information my RT2600 has been working fine with my BT TV for many months now but just recently it has been causing some issues and I believe the information I am looking for, would help me fix it.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 14 of 22

@licquoriceThanks for the info!

The only thing left is, the VID (which I think is Vendor ID) is only a number between 0 and 7 (incl).

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 15 of 22

Hmm, I assumed VID was VLAN id and thus 101.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 16 of 22

Please ignore my nonsense comment above re VID. I believe you are correct and it is vlan ID. I meant to refer to Priority being the only value needed.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 17 of 22

Kojack did you ever sort this... I have it working with my RT2600AC but it is multicasting to every port on my network as things stand and I would prefer to sort it so that it isn't doing this!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 18 of 22

@LeebobsI am in the same boat as you - multicasting to every port. I tried setting the VID to 101, Tagging to "tagged" and various values for Priority but couldn't get it to work on one port only.

The TV is working OK but I am getting error IPC6023 quite a lot. When that happens I find that changing IGMP version from 2 to 3 (or vice-versa), fixes it.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 19 of 22

@Kojakwrote:

The TV is working OK but I am getting error IPC6023 quite a lot. When that happens I find that changing IGMP version from 2 to 3 (or vice-versa), fixes it.

Brilliant. After an evening on BT chat and restarting various bits that restored my BT subscription channels.

Thanks!

Roger

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 20 of 22

That's great Roger, glad it helped. When the power goes off or when the router updates / reboots, I normally lose my TV again but toggling the IGMP setting brings it back on again.
0 Ratings