cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

BTW Performance Test shows faulty result.

My broadband speed has slowly eroded over the years from about 28mbs to 20mbs other than that the connection is fairly reliable and i havent complained because ill only be told 20mbs is acceptable.Anyway while testing with the BTW broadband tester i get approx 20mbs but every 3rd or 4th try in succession it gives a reading of between 78mbs and 83mbs just wondered why i get this false reading every 3 or 4 goes.My profile is now down to 21 as it slowly erodes so its not possible.Ive tested on other speedtest sites but this doesnt happen.Im on infiniyty 1 up to 52mbs i believe.Im now dreaming of this 78 mbs and its not good for me lol.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: BTW Performance Test shows faulty result.

I also did a test the other day..  My IP Profile is banded ( I think ) at 33.84 but I did a BT Wholesale  tests few days ago  and it said Down 135mb/////  It does have its strange sides./......   🙂

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

as @jeb0007 has said btspeedtester is giving some strange results  try a different browser

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Good to know its not just me then.

0 Ratings