cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

BTW smart hub in constant on-off loop after loosing power

Go to solution
So recently I have noticed my smart hub keeps resetting itself in a loop every time it looses power.

Basically when the hub turns back on it connects as per usual and it takes a while, that's fine and normal, however after a few minutes it "restarts" itself so I loose connection and then starts the connection process again, it does this several times and eventually a connection is established however that usually takes around an hour to sort itself out.

I noticed this at first when my house had a power cut so perhaps the cut damaged the router??? Or is there some setting I'm missing.

Thanks for reading.
0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: BTW smart hub in constant on-off loop after loosing power

Go to solution

Try a factory reset of the Homehub by pressing a pin into the recess button on the rear for about 20 seconds. This can often sort out problems.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution
Yeah, my bad I should have said it in the post but I have tried that multiple times now
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

It may well be that you do have a faulty Hub and that it needs replaced. I would suggest that if possible you stop resetting it as that could cause further problems. 

Meanwhile you should contact BT Customer Services and report a fault to them and request another hub.

I would not mention that you suspect it may have been damaged by a power cut as they mean deem that is "your problem" and not BT's and only offer to replace it for a fee.

0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution
I also have a smart hub mine runs for a day or so then internet is lost and the light stays blue but no internet?
Then today the hub went green then i lost internet the light just stayed green for a good while then i removed power and internet for 20 sec to 2 min then reconnected them it stayed green for few min then nothing i then hit the reset button it then booted up normal it took about 10 min.
BTW it has been doing this now for about 3 to 4 weeks and customer service say its ok
0 Ratings