Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lewis1871
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 23

BTWiFi VPN

Hi,

i was just wondering if you could help me as the BTWiFi VPN does not work on my Computer Macbook Pro 2012 with OS X 10.8.2 Mountain Lion with all updates

When i connect to the BTWiFi Wifi and login then launch the Cisco App i get An Error Code 51 (See Image Below)

I hope that some body can help or if this can get passed onto support

Thanks Lewis

0 Ratings
22 REPLIES 22
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 23

Re: BTWiFi VPN

If you are still with O2 broadband have you tried the O2 forum?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Lewis1871
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 23

Hi, Thanks For the Reply.

It was my sister useing her Bt Total Broadband Login and that is why i have put it on the BT Forum

So i am hoping that somebody will be able to help get the VPN working

Thanks Again 

Lewis

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 23

It appears that you have to now connect to a premium BTWifi hotspot to able able to download this.

(coffee shop etc)

It used to work using via BTOpenzone coming from a home hub, as this was how I installed it.

-+-No longer a forum member-+-
0 Ratings
Lewis1871
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 23

Ok well thats funny as my sister has downloaded it for mac, windows 7, 8 and iPhone (VPN) while connect to BTWiFi Not BTOpenzone but she can not get it to connect on the mac with the VPN connected to BTWiFi and Windows 7 and 8 and iPhone can connect and use the VPN but when you lunch the CISCO VPN Client for mac it gives the error code 51 but it will work when she uses the windows 7 and 8 pc and iPhone and she can connect to the VPN then. it will also work if you enter the setting in Manually.

Thanks Lewis

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 6 of 23

BTOpenzone (as it was called) was also a premium hotspot, it's now called BTWifi.

I've never owned/used a MAC so I can't really help much more than what I've already mentioned:(

-+-No longer a forum member-+-
0 Ratings
Lewis1871
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 23

I know and thank you.

Thank you for all your help, is there any chance that this could get passed onto support as i do believe that it is a software issue (CISCO VPN Client) as i work in the IT industry and most of my work is with software and Networking so i know a lot about VPN's and security. and there is also a new Version of the CISCO VPN Client out so it could be that it needs updating on the website http://www.btwifi.com/help/security/vpn-software.jsp

Thanks Again Lewis
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 23

If you would like to contact one of the UK based BT Care Team who moderate this forum, they may be able to help.

They can be contacted using this link BT Care Team

They normally respond by phone or e-mail, within three working days, however you should get an immediate confirmation, with a tracking number.

0 Ratings
Lewis1871
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 23

Hi,

Thank you for the Reply i shall get onto this immediately

Thanks Again

Lewis
0 Ratings
Lewis1871
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 23

Would i be able to get an update with my Reference Number please as i have not heard anything for the support team that i email the other day?

0 Ratings