cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 17

BTY sign in seal

Go to solution

I can see the logic behind this feature, but I must be missing something Smiley Surprised

Every time I upload a sign in seal the next time I go back to the sign in page its gone.  The only way to stop it vanishing, is to [wait for it] remain signed in!

Anyone any offers please? Smiley Happy

AQ.
"Welcome to Royston Vasey - You'll never leave."

0 Ratings
16 REPLIES 16
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 17

Re: BTY sign in seal

Go to solution

AQ, having a seal puts a cookie on your laptop/PC.

If you clear them when you've finished browsing, it'll dump the seal.

-+-No longer a forum member-+-
Message 3 of 17

Go to solution

@DS, silly me Smiley Sad

AQ.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 17

Go to solution

AQ, nah not silly - tis easy to forget just what wants to be stored on ones Laptop/PC....

-+-No longer a forum member-+-
0 Ratings
deltaflyer
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 17

Go to solution

just to note, it only shows the sign-in seal on the same computer,unless you set it up on all of your p.c.'s/laptops/netbooks

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
free your computer, use opensource
i'm a linux user & very happy about it
Message 6 of 17

Go to solution

Hi deltaflyer, thanks for that; after DS's intervention earlier, all is well with this feature now.

AQ.

0 Ratings
Greenray
Beginner
Message 7 of 17

Go to solution

I had the same problem setting up for another user on my lappy. The way around this is when you go to tools then internet options & click, you will then open the internet options window.

This done you would click 'Delete' temporary files,cookies etc.

Once you click on this option it opens another window on top of the existing one 'Delete browsing history'

In this window you will notice various check boxes, Temporary internet files, cookies, history & form data.

The check box at the top of this window is 'preserve favourites website data' check this box and your problem with sign-in-seal should be resolved.

Go back to your default BT Yahoo page & set up your sign-in-seal again. If the default page doesn't give you an option then sign into BT Yahoo ,sign out and the sign-in-seal option should be there. Download your pics/text or whatever, & off you go. BTW you dont need to check the box below your new sign in seal (the one below your user name/password.

Once set-up test by deleting temporary files then open up your browser & your sign-in- seal will still be there.

Good luck

0 Ratings
MJD
Beginner
Message 8 of 17

Go to solution

Many thanks for returning to me.

The "preserve favourites etc. has always been checked.... I have now unchecked it and will reset the Seal and see what occurs.

Mike

0 Ratings
atttim
Aspiring Expert
Message 9 of 17

Go to solution

If anyone like me uses CCleaner the only way I have found to stop it deleting the "Sign In Seal" is to untick the Cookies box in >Windows>Internet Explorer>Cookies when activating CCleaner.

As this "Sign In Seal" is an additional "log in" saftey deviceI mentioned this security annomaly to Net Protect Help (India) and they said they would look into it .....but came back to me saying there is no way around it......and its deletion was of no apparent importance....which I thought was a bit strange !

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 10 of 17

Go to solution

@atttim wrote:

If anyone like me uses CCleaner the only way I have found to stop it deleting the "Sign In Seal" is to untick the Cookies box in >Windows>Internet Explorer>Cookies when activating CCleaner.

Can't you set CCleaner to keep the cookie? Go to Options>Cookies and move it to the right-hand column.   

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.