cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MDDMDD
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

BTYAHOO Calendar

My Calendar, as part of my BTYAHOO account, has gone wrong the FOURTH time.  All day entries every April appear on the previous day.   When this happened in March it took TEN visits to the Call Centre before they bothered to correct it.   It reoccurred four weeks ago one and again they waste my time, getting access to my computer, saying they will “escalate” it to the Yahoo Server, but nothing happens.    I am so sick of BTYAHOO’s technical incompetence and disgraceful customer service that I am starting a campaign urging people to avoid it altogether.  I have written twice to the Complaints department in Durham.  Both letters have been ignored.   I pity the poor people in the Call Centre who have to represent this pathetic company. 

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Message 2 of 5

Re: BTYAHOO Calendar

Welcome to the Forum.

BT's association with Yahoo! is coming to and end in the near future Smiley Happy and for many on here that cant be soon enough I suspect.

In the meantime, without knowing what functionality will replace Yahoo! for us, there are other [free] products out there which are just as good or better than Yahoo! IMHO [such as G****e Calendar for example]. Smiley Wink

AQ.
"Welcome to Royston Vasey - You'll never leave."

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 5

I gave up on the Yahoo calendar two years ago, because of multiple issues like you describe. I now use the Google calendar and that seems 100% reliable. You can export the entries from Yahoo to Google.

BT have very little control over Yahoo.

I am not sure what will happen to the Yahoo calendar, when BT migrate the e-mail to the new provider.

Message 4 of 5

@Keith_Beddoe wrote:

I gave up on the Yahoo calendar two years ago, because of multiple issues like you describe. I now use the Google calendar and that seems 100% reliable. You can export the entries from Yahoo to Google.

BT have very little control over Yahoo.

I am not sure what will happen to the Yahoo calendar, when BT migrate the e-mail to the new provider.

Agreed Kieith.

Thats exactly what Ive used for years. The mobile [Android or Tablet] version is good as well and the Sync between devices has never failed from day one.

AQ.
"Welcome to Royston Vasey - You'll never leave."

0 Ratings
MDDMDD
Beginner
Message 5 of 5

Thank you, and others, for your sympathy!

What makes me really angry is that BT provide no way in which one can make a formal complaint, let alone receive any refund or compensation.   Any phone call, e-mail, or "chat" enters the circular process of the Call centre which is designed not to allow any meaningful access to anyone in control.  I have repeatedly asked for the phone number of a UK manager, and been refused.   Bizarrely, for an telecommunications company, the only thing you can do is write a letter to the address n County Durham.  I did that in March, and again in May.    Both letters were ignored.    I e-mailed both of them again last week, and no response.    The BT message is clear: we are here to make profit, not to serve customers, and if we lose a few on the way that's no great deal.   

The people I feel really sorry for are the Call centre staff, somewhere on the India sub-continent.   They try so hard to be polite and helpful, and the BT system abuses them as much as it does the customers.

0 Ratings