cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
D1mmy
Message 1 of 4

BThub2 phone rings with home phone

Go to solution

I was wondering if anyone can tell me if it is possible to prevent  a phone connected to the HomeHub2 from ringing when my existing landline phone rings.

It's driving us crazy.

We answer a landline call, and the HomeHub2 fone carries on ringing for several rings.

We have an answerphone connected to the HomeHub2 because that telephone number is being used for private clients and we would like to offer them an answering service if we are unable to answer them in person.

This answerphone kicks in, even if we are answering the call on a landline phone.

Coincidentally, this evening an 0800 number called, it was someone from BT. I answered the call, asked them to pause because the answer machine on the homehub will kick in.   They hung up before I was able to lift the receiver on the homehub phone to prevent the answering machine from starting the out going message.

So, has anyone experience of this, and if so, is there a solution?

Thanks,

D1mmy

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: BThub2 phone rings with home phone

Go to solution
D1mmy
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

Thanks for the speedy reply.

I'd looked for other threads on the subject but couldn't find one.

Thanks for the info.  Much appreciated. 🙂

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution
The "search the community" link at the top right of the page, is the one to use.
I hope you have it sorted now. Be aware that some answering machines do not work on the broadband talk line.
0 Ratings