cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 7

BTinfinity2 speeds down and terrible support

Hi all fellow miserable badly treated BT customers,

I have had problems for 2weeks+ now. I did have over 60mbps and 12+up, now i am under 20mbps down and less than 1 mbps up.

I have been to live chat, which eventually said they would phone me. Surprise surprise, they didn't. "Technical fault" they said at their end. Next phone call was as helpful, ie not atall. Next live chat was getting somewhere, then said a phone call next day was scheduled. Did not receive. Phoned complaints line and guess what ?? As i was phoned on my mobile for a landline test, the Indian/Asian man said sorry, we have a fault here, phone back in 2hours. WTF ??

This a shambles, bt. I know i will be asked to do the scripted blah blah tests, but this is ridiculous. Thankfully, according to Ofcom and the Ombudsman, i/we who suffer such garbage from BT can demand refunds/reductions in our already over inflated prices. (Just look up what to do if speeds are below what you pay for, subjects).

Soooo, can i please get someone without a script to help please ? or will i be bounced around for the umpteenth time again ? Not acceptable atall. I probably will switch to another service in time, but not before i see this through and get money back or reductions on my bill. PS I look after my 90 year old Mother who needs a medical line, and she has to put up with a very crackly phone line at the moment, and we have been told there is NO fault.

If you can't see the screenshot to read, it says download speed 13.64, max achievable=31.36 ?!?!

Upload speed=0.6  max achievable=20mbps

Serial number:

+084319+NQ62235607

Firmware version:

SG4B100021EC

Firmware updated:

12/05/16

Board version:

Gui version:

DSL uptime:

0 Days, 3 Hours 12 Minutes 38 Seconds

Data rate:

800 bps / 32.40 kbps

Maximum data rate:

800 / 59928

Noise margin:

23.3 / 13.1

Line attenuation:

Signal attenuation:

VPI / VCI:

0/38

Modulation:

G_993_2_ANNEX_B

Latency type:

Fast Path

Data sent / received:

59 MB Uploaded / 1112 MB Downloaded

Broadband username:

bthomehub@btbroadband.com

BT Wi-fi:

Not active

2.4 GHz wireless network name:

BTHub6-9CTF

2.4 GHz wireless channel:

Smart (Channel 1)

5 GHz wireless network name:

BTHub6-9CTF

5 GHz wireless channel:

Smart (Channel 40)

Wireless security:

WPA2 (Recommended)

Band steering:

Off

Wireless mode:

Mode 1

Firewall:

On

MAC address:

90:4D:4A:1C:F5:E8

Software variant:

-

Boot loader:

after online chat.JPG

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: BTinfinity2 speeds down and terrible support

this is a customer help customer forum and only BT employees are forum mods  your post does not go to BT

are you currently using the test socket with a filter to eliminate internal wiring problems  If SSFP then can you use test socket with filter

can you enter your phone number and post results  remember to delete number wholesale FTTC check

try quiet line test   dial 17070 option 2  should be quiet and best with corded phone  if there is noise/crackle then you need to report a phone fault to 151  get rid of noise and conenction will improve

your conenction time is very short is that due to router dropping conenction or manual reset?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 3 of 7

I am currently trying to phone again and am having a test done. I have the new smart hub and it has been reset, so has not been up for long, but it did lose connection yesterday. I am wired and tested in socket and had same results.

No fault found apparently, but line is still very crackly and cannot hear on it very well. Maybe the storm last week did something ? Still not acceptable the way BT have not kept me in the loop about problems and when i contact them it's always the same bs. I do not have a micro filter as never needed one and was told by expert engineers (not bt ones) i didn't need one with the system and ssp 7 box i have, and have never had a problem until recently.

29th July forum post.JPG

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 7

you dont need to use filters when you have a SSFP socket but to eliminate your setup and internal wiring then you need to use the test socket with a filter.  if noise is still on the phone line then report a phone fault to 151  however if noise disappears then problem internal probably the wiring.

it is important to establish if noise is internal or external to avoid getting charged £129.99 for callout

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 5 of 7

Test socket is loud and clear, so testing everything seperately with process of elimination.

VERY helpful woman on the phone, sounded like the supervisor / manageress. More helpful in 30 mins than the jokers over the past week. Nothing against Indians, non racist here, but they seem to be very narrow minded, poorly trained.

Still told i may have to pay for an engineer, but acceptable if line fault is my end. Thanks for your prompt reply, will try and report back any findings.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 6 of 7

Friday evening, Saturday morning, phones unplugged, one phone in test socket (i do not own a microfilter, so plugged directly in). Noise and crackling still on the phone(s) tested. Will keep testing, call back promised for Monday am
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 7

if you have line noise when conencted to test socket then you need to report a phone fault and get engineer visit

0 Ratings