Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Montague
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 9

BUFFERING PROBLEM - BT Sport on PC Windows 10

Go to solution

Viewing BT Sport on pc win 10 - buffering, buffering and yet more buffering.

Keeps buffering then showing then buffering . . . 

Big Q is WHY?

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
zulu17
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 9

Re: BUFFERING PROBLEM - BT Sport on PC Windows 10

Go to solution

Could be many reasons. In my personal experience  I had good experiences with my Desktop and often poor experiences with my Laptop. After investigating I concluded the most likely problem was the video driver for the Laptop video card simply not being upto the task of processing the flash player high quality video stream.

As there is now a Windows BT sport app available you may wish to try using that instead of the web site player. My laptop which struggled with the web player has produced good streaming with the app.

Just select the Windows button  at bottom left and search for Windows Store  and/or BT Sport

https://community.bt.com/t5/Watching-BT-Sport-via-the-App-or/BT-Sport-app-on-Windows-10-pc/td-p/1607...

Tags (1)
pottyperson
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 9

Go to solution

If you've got a smartphone You'll probably find that £30 for a Chromecast is money well spent. I got one when BT Sport online buffering became too much to bear and have not looked back. It's also useful for other services, like BBC iPlayer, which support casting, particularly if you don't have a smart TV.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
Montague
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 9

Go to solution

Thanks for the reply Zulu. Defo not my video card driver but I shall try the app.

0 Ratings
patelc7
Contributor
Message 5 of 9

Go to solution

Let us know how you get on with the App compared to the web site 

0 Ratings
peregrinefalcon
Beginner
Message 6 of 9

Go to solution

This might help.  I have Vista Home Premium and use Firefox as a browser.

Using Firefox and accessing BT Sport online to get MotoGP - buffering, buffering.......

Decided to try viewing BT Sport through Internet Explorer (apparently available on Windows 10) - problem solved.

0 Ratings
flowboy
Contributor
Message 7 of 9

Go to solution
I used Int. Explorer with W8.1 & BT sport app was way better than via Google or Firefox but still had intermittent glitches. Now I've just gone to W10 & it is unwatchable; buffering, pixelating every 5 secs & jumping forward, missing out chunks of video, garbled commentary. Not sure about spending £30 on chromecast dongle given how bad the app was via google previously.
0 Ratings
pottyperson
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 8 of 9

Go to solution

It's likely to cause confusion if you keep posting essentially the same query on multiple threads. Try a Chromecast - as I said elsewhere, you can always send it back if you buy online but I don't think you would want to.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
flowboy
Contributor
Message 9 of 9

Go to solution

Hmmmm.

My mistake, I wasn't paying attention to which forums I was on as I came to them by different searches & was wrapped up in this darn (very polite term) problem & wanted as many responses as possible.

Well I bought a Chromecast2 today and.......  No workee. With Home Hub 3 it doesn't link with the hub. Has taken hours to get nowhere. I had a lot of tabs open & have read a lot of threads on various fora; Windows & Chromecast etc ....   

I changed channels on the hub & checked that UPnP is enabled. It seems possible to add the dongle to the hub as a device except the hub asks for device protocols & port settings-  which are not available. One issue seems to be that it "might" work if I opt out of BT FON which leaves me unsure if I will be able to easily opt back in. And I do find FON useful on occasion.

There is also the DMZ but I am slightly reluctant to get into that as it warns of dire security risk - 'tho it must be said I'm not too concerned about the dongle getting hacked.

It seems the app might work better on other devices (Android) but as well as W10 laptop I have a Windows phone which Chromecast doesn't support (the available Windows phone apps are all flaky) . 

I really would like to get this sorted as I love my Moto GP..

0 Ratings