cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
alanslingsby
Beginner
Message 1 of 11

BY Infinity and DECT

Just had Infinity installed. Works fine. BUT cannot make most outgoing calls from a four-handset BT Inspire 1500 DECT phone that was working perfectly before. CAN connect to talking clock (123) but not to regular lines. Message is "number not recognised". Incoming calls OK. BT engineer checked thoroughly and says all in order with lines etc. DECT hub is plugged into main socket, Infinity connected to an extension. This set-up was used for regular ADSL for upwards of five years and worked perfectly at all times. Engineer says problems DECT phones and Infinity. Any ideas???

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Bullitt
Distinguished Expert
Message 2 of 11

Re: BY Infinity and DECT

infinity should not be on an extension
this installation is wrong
0 Ratings
Deathtrap3000
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 11

Data extension kit = extension

0 Ratings
Bullitt
Distinguished Expert
Message 4 of 11

oh you mean the home wiring solution hws?
0 Ratings
Deathtrap3000
Recognised Expert
Message 5 of 11

I mean data extension, its covered under the hws. Infinity can be run on an extension. It doesnt need to be fitted at the master socket. It just needs to be a dedicated extension for the broadband.

0 Ratings
Bullitt
Distinguished Expert
Message 6 of 11

thats not necessarily what the poster meant
0 Ratings
Deathtrap3000
Recognised Expert
Message 7 of 11

If hes using a plug in filter into one of the phone sockets, yes its been done wrong. If no plug in filters are being used, its ok.

0 Ratings
Bullitt
Distinguished Expert
Message 8 of 11

odd he can call the talking clock
could that be a cab problem?
0 Ratings
nelami
Beginner
Message 9 of 11

Hi I dont know if your problem has been fixed or not but I had the same strange fault. Was upgraded to Infinity on Wednesday. Didn't reallycheck the phone while engineer was here other than ringing 123 which was ok. Later wife said that all o/g calls were  not recognised when DECT phone was used but old loop dialling phone ok. After several call to India and  various tests and threats of being charged for a site visit I decided to check the wiring in the master socket. I knew that the extension sockets were correct. The pair were reversed ie 2 & 5 were wired the opposite way to the extensions. I reversed them and all is working. Don't know why the reversal should interfere with the dtmf signalling.

Hope this helps

0 Ratings
plainview
Recognised Expert
Message 10 of 11

@nelami

'The pair were reversed ie 2 & 5 were wired the opposite way to the extensions.'

Don't suppose you remember if the engineer drove a Vauxhall Combo, Transit or a Vauxhall Vivaro do you?

0 Ratings