Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
liamzx
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 2

Bad Line? Dodgy Filters?

Hello

Last night at around 7pm my internet started disconnecting frequently, it would come back on for about 30 seconds and then go off again. After a while the connection remained intact but the speed was literally unusable, I was able to type to friends on things like Skype and Steam but when it came to loading a webpage it just wouldn't happen. I called up BT and got through to a woman who tested my line and asked me to change a microfilter. I did so, and it made the internet stable again, and the speed was back to its normal self.

Last night I had no need to use the phone, so I took no notice of it, but when my parents returned home today they said the landline wasn't working. So we changed filters again and the phone worked, but my internet didn't. So we have tried about 3 microfilters, all of which, the phone works, but the internet doesn't connect. There is one filter where the internet works, but the phone line doesn't, and we think this is because the filter is dodgy and that is fair enough. But after trying several other filters and having the same results I am starting to wonder what is going on.

Can anyone shed some light on this, do I need to have an engineer out or what.

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 2 of 2

Re: Bad Line? Dodgy Filters?

Hi Liamzx,

Thanks for the post.  Sorry to hear of the problems you are having.

I can certainly run a few checks from my end to see if anything stands out.  It does point to the cause of the problem being a dodgy micro filter but seems strange that 3 micro filters would be faulty Smiley Surprised

Please drop me an email via the 'Contact Us' link in my profile. (click on my name and you will find the link under the "about me" section). Include your BT account details and the link to this thread.

Cheers

Sean

Community ManagerSeanD
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings