cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hsws
Contributor
Message 31 of 67

Re: Bad upgrade to infinity...can i switch back?

Go to solution
Okay John thanks for responding.
My original order for infinity was placed on 4th January. One month on I still do not have it. Currently I am connected at 0.5Mbps so I am not surprised the moderators are busier than normal, if this is the service that BT are providing their customers.
I really would be happy to move back to my 1.5Mbps adsl service but the engineer advised me the other day that the adsl port was switched off when they 'activated' infinity. What can I do? Honestly it's crazy.

Hamish
0 Ratings
hsws
Contributor
Message 32 of 67

Go to solution

UPDATE:

Two engineers arrived this morning to figure out what to do with my connection. One of them stayed in the house and conncted some test equipment to the master socket, whilst the other went to the cabinet. They did some test and confirmed that contrary to what the engineer reported last week, my line is not going through cabinet 1.

Apparently there are 2 lines beside the cabinet, one is underground and the other is an overhead. For some reason the overhead has not been dropped into the cabinet. The engineers thought that this might be because the line wasn't registered on the network, but weren't sure.

Unfortubnately my line goes through the overhead, which goes back to the new cabinet they have placed outsuide the exchange (cabinet 2). So this means i am effectively still on an EO line and I cannot get infinity at the moment. 

One of the engineers stated that this will be reported back to BDUK, and since it is an issue affecting the area, and most of the reseidents in the viallage they will have to put it right. Of course those people in the village who are going through the underground cable will be able to receive Infinity without problems.

I am not sure how long it will take for BDUK to fix this issue, but I don't expect them to do it in the next few days. Any ideas how long it would typically take BDUK to fix these issues?

In any case it seems I really need to switch back to my previous ADSL connection. Can a moderator asssist with this?

Or is it simply a case of phoning the order line, cancelling infinity and re-ordering ADSL?

Hamish

0 Ratings
NeilO
Message 33 of 67

Go to solution

@hsws Yes that's something we can arrange, I can see @RobbieMac has made arrangements to call you back tomorrow.

0 Ratings
hsws
Contributor
Message 34 of 67

Go to solution
Thanks Neil, any idea what time?
0 Ratings
hsws
Contributor
Message 35 of 67

Go to solution

Just had my service switched back to an ADSL service this morning, and everything is fine again.

Currently connected at around 4.9mbps, which is the best I have ever seen here.

It turns out a few neighbours have also been having issues when trying to upgrade to infinity, so hopefully Openreach will connect things up correctly soon. The funny thing is, the DSL checker still states i should get an 80Mbps infinity connection. Maybe they don't update it too often, or they want people to continue ordering for some reason.

Anyway, I got a refund on my bill when i complained to BT last weekend. I told them I wasn't happy paying for an inifinity 2 connection when that's not what i received. They never refunded the actual charge for infinity, but instead refunded the line rental and a couple other things, which i found a bit odd. Got what i wanted in the end though I siuppose.

In addition, BT supplied a new smart hub as part of the upgrade to inifinity and charged mt £9.99 for this. Can i ship it back and get a refund for this?

Any of the mods know when openreach will get round to performing the works?

Hamish

0 Ratings
DanielS
Message 36 of 67

Go to solution

Hi @hsws,

I know @RobbieMac is out of the office for the next while so I'll check up with Openreach for you. It takes them a lot longer than it used to to come back to us so I'll follow up with them directly. I'll be in touch with you later in the week.

Thanks

DanielS

0 Ratings
hsws
Contributor
Message 37 of 67

Go to solution

Okay, thanks Daniel. 

Cheers

0 Ratings
hsws
Contributor
Message 38 of 67

Go to solution

Hi Daniel, and Robbie. 

Nobody got in touch last week. Can you provide any feedback from openreach and also advise if I can return the new homehub and get a refund?

Cheers

Hamish

0 Ratings
DavidM
Message 39 of 67

Go to solution

Hi @hsws,

Thanks for posting. It's great to see you've got a decent connection again. @DanielS is dealing with this and will be in touch again tomorrow.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
DanielS
Message 40 of 67

Go to solution

Hi @hsws,

We're still waiting on Openreach coming back to us. I've raised it again with them today.

I can arrange to have a free returns kit sent out to you for it and waive the delivery charge on this occasion. Would you like me to go ahead and arrange this?

Thanks

DanielS

0 Ratings