Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JimDiGriz
Contributor
Message 21 of 63

Re: Baffled by BT Sport options!

Go to solution

Thanks. That makes sense. My letter clearly states that I will continue to get Sky Sports over my current BT broadband via my BT Vision box and thats fine by me as long as it works like before.

Id prefer to have HD but Infinity isnt happening in my area for a while as far as I know. I really dont want to go back to Sky (for the 4th time!) unless Im desperate!

0 Ratings
tellboy
Aspiring Expert
Message 22 of 63

Go to solution

Isn't it strange that the Mod has not replied to the question concerning the ADSL speed required to get SS1 & SS2 over ADSL?

I like a good conspiracy and believe that BT are deliberately witholding information in order to induce people to subscribe to Infinity?Smiley LOL

Questions that need answering (I would be surprised if there aren't more):

1. If you live in an Infinity enabled area can you get the extra channels over ADSL?

2. If you live in an Infinity enabled area can you get SS1 & SS2 over ADSL?

3. If you live in an Infinity enabled area can you get ESPN over ADSL?

4. If you live in an Infinity enabled area can you get BTS1 & BTS2 on freeview?

5. If you live in an Infinity enabled area can you get ESPN on freeview?

6. What is happening to Channel 34 on freeview?

7. What sports are shown on each channel BTS1, BTS2 and ESPN?

8. What downoad speed (throughput) do you require to get channels over ADSL?

9. What speed will ESPN be streamed at via. browser/app?

10. Will you be allowed to redirect this stream to your TV?

11. Will the above methods of delivery be part of your download allowance or have QofS?

If anyone knows the answers to these questions then please reply with verification links.

Thanks

infinidim
Expert
Message 23 of 63

Go to solution

@tellboy wrote:

Isn't it strange that the Mod has not replied to the question concerning the ADSL speed required to get SS1 & SS2 over ADSL?

I like a good conspiracy and believe that BT are deliberately witholding information in order to induce people to subscribe to Infinity?Smiley LOL

Questions that need answering (I would be surprised if there aren't more):

1. If you live in an Infinity enabled area can you get the extra channels over ADSL?

2. If you live in an Infinity enabled area can you get SS1 & SS2 over ADSL?

3. If you live in an Infinity enabled area can you get ESPN over ADSL?

4. If you live in an Infinity enabled area can you get BTS1 & BTS2 on freeview?

5. If you live in an Infinity enabled area can you get ESPN on freeview?

6. What is happening to Channel 34 on freeview?

7. What sports are shown on each channel BTS1, BTS2 and ESPN?

8. What downoad speed (throughput) do you require to get channels over ADSL?

9. What speed will ESPN be streamed at via. browser/app?

10. Will you be allowed to redirect this stream to your TV?

11. Will the above methods of delivery be part of your download allowance or have QofS?

If anyone knows the answers to these questions then please reply with verification links.

Thanks

Good set of questions.

I await the mods answers to these.

Infinidim
Megadodo Publications
Ursa Minor Beta

If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side
If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
paul_c
Aspiring Expert
Message 24 of 63

Go to solution

I live within an Infinity exchange area but it's not installed to the local cabinet yet, I'm hoping that they'll offer me Sky over adsl or I will very quickly be cancelling my subscription if I can't watch the Ashes thes summer and next winter!

0 Ratings
avengo1235
Contributor
Message 25 of 63

Go to solution

@paul_c wrote:

I live within an Infinity exchange area but it's not installed to the local cabinet yet, I'm hoping that they'll offer me Sky over adsl or I will very quickly be cancelling my subscription if I can't watch the Ashes thes summer and next winter!

I am in the same position as you. I am within an Infinity exchange area although my local cabinet has not been upgraded yet.

I have been a subscriber to the BT Sports Max service (Sky Sports 1, Sky Sports 2 and ESPN) since they launched on BT Vison on 1st August 2010.

As of today I have received no notification at all from BT as to if I am going to be supplied Sky Sports over ADSL broadband or lose the service. In fact if I had not read this forum I would have no idea of the current situation.

The terms and conditions of my contract state that BT must supply me with at least 30 days notice if they are changing or removing a service so I would presume they cannot remove Sky Sports from DTT until after 22 June at the earliest to comply with this.

Please BT let us know what is really going on.

What broadband speed do you need to get Broadband channels? How many customers are likely to lose Sky Sports.

I have called Sky to discuss my options if all else fails and BT remove the Sky Sports channels from me completely and the advisor told me that they are preparing to offer a 12 month half price deal to BT customers who lose Sky Sports through no fault of there own when it is removed from DTT.

infinidim
Expert
Message 26 of 63

Go to solution

BT moderators, you really need to start answering some of the issues that are being raised in this forum. If you don't then you will start seeing people leave because the information is not available to allow people to make the correct decisions.

I had a discussion today with one of the BT Vision advance support group in Newcastle and something worrying came out of the discussion.

Let me share what I have and what we discussed. I am on Infinity Option 2 with a very good download sync rate and throughput. I also now have a good upstream sync rate and throughput as well. I also have a "black" BT Vision box. So you would expect that I could receive the Multicast implementation of BT Sport to our home as we meet the criteria that is mentioned on the BT Retail website. We can't because I have now been told that there are two types of BT Vision "black" boxes. The first is an early one that only has 256 Mb of memory in it, the second is the later one that has 512 Mb of memory in it which can have the multicast end-point software installed in it.

This may be all "folk law" but as I was told this by one of the BT Vision second level support people then I think it could be true.

I  am now going to talk to BT Retail sales about what they will be doing in my case to get my free BT Sport.

Hope this helps and more updates as and when they happen.

Infinidim
Megadodo Publications
Ursa Minor Beta

If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side
If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
tellboy
Aspiring Expert
Message 27 of 63

Go to solution

@infinidim wrote:

BT moderators, you really need to start answering some of the issues that are being raised in this forum. If you don't then you will start seeing people leave because the information is not available to allow people to make the correct decisions.

"Silence is golden"

Perhaps my conspiracy theory is actually true.

0 Ratings
infinidim
Expert
Message 28 of 63

Go to solution

I have just had a very strange conversation with the BT Sport sales line.

As I said before I am a BT Infinity Option 2 customer with a "black" BT Vision+ box. I asked them whether I could order for August BT Sport, they looked at there records and basically said I can't get BT Sport on my existing "black" BT Vision+ box. This does not tie up with all the advertising that they are currently doing. They also dropped the line when I asked to speak to a supervisor as well.

I then phoned them back and got a really helpful person on the line and in my case I would have to upgrade my BT Vision box - currently they are saying £199!!!! The alternative that they are also saying I could take is is a BT YouView box at £49 with monthly retail of £5.

I will now be writing to the head of BT Retail to explain this and get him to get some clarification.

MODERATIONS again I ask that you clarify on this forum who can and who can't receive BT Sport!!!!

Infinidim
Megadodo Publications
Ursa Minor Beta

0 Ratings
tellboy
Aspiring Expert
Message 29 of 63

Go to solution

@infinidim wrote:

As I said before I am a BT Infinity Option 2 customer with a "black" BT Vision+ box. I asked them whether I could order for August BT Sport, they looked at there records and basically said I can't get BT Sport on my existing "black" BT Vision+ box. This does not tie up with all the advertising that they are currently doing. They also dropped the line when I asked to speak to a supervisor as well.

I then phoned them back and got a really helpful person on the line and in my case I would have to upgrade my BT Vision box - currently they are saying £199!!!! The alternative that they are also saying I could take is is a BT YouView box at £49 with monthly retail of £5.

I will now be writing to the head of BT Retail to explain this and get him to get some clarification.

MODERATIONS again I ask that you clarify on this forum who can and who can't receive BT Sport!!!!

I think perhaps we are on the same wavelenth here.

BT seem to be making the rules up as they go along.

All they need to do is make a clear statement for each permutation and I don't believe there are that many permutations.

Perhaps they need to speak to the Plain English Campaign for advice.

0 Ratings
infinidim
Expert
Message 30 of 63

Go to solution

@tellboy wrote:

@infinidim wrote:

I think perhaps we are on the same wavelenth here.

BT seem to be making the rules up as they go along.

All they need to do is make a clear statement for each permutation and I don't believe there are that many permutations.

Perhaps they need to speak to the Plain English Campaign for advice.

tellboy, we are.

Just want the moderators to say something or put a sticky up about what people can do and what the options are.

Infinidim
Megadodo Publications
Ursa Minor Beta

0 Ratings