Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 41 of 63

Re: Baffled by BT Sport options!

Go to solution
Hi Infinidim,

Thanks for posting. I'll chase this up for you and get a definitive answer. As soon as I have it I'll post it up.

Cheers

David
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 42 of 63

Go to solution

Hi infinidim I really hope this works out for all you on the 1st black box 256 version hoping DavidM has some good news for you all.

0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 43 of 63

Go to solution

Hi David

I'm a customer with the current sports package and I have yet to recieve a letter, I am in an area that is apparently accepting orders for Infinity yet it isn't available to me as yet, apparently my Broadband speed is 21MB.

Anyhow just wanted to know if I should be expecting a letter as with some others on here I am looking forward to the Ashes and if it means moving my TV to Sky then I will have to.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 44 of 63

Go to solution

_______________________________________________________________________________________

Mattyhurst wrote:

Hi David

I'm a customer with the current sports package and I have yet to recieve a letter, I am in an area that is apparently accepting orders for Infinity yet it isn't available to me as yet, apparently my Broadband speed is 21MB.

Anyhow just wanted to know if I should be expecting a letter as with some others on here I am looking forward to the Ashes and if it means moving my TV to Sky then I will have to.

________________________________________________________________________________________

I'm in a very similar situation Matty. Similar set up to you and still no letter recieved but on talking to BT Sport customer service they indicated that I will NOT be able to recieve Sky Sports after June 12th. However there are rumours that if you cannot get Infinity, you will still be able to get the channels via ADSL broadband, something that David seems to have confirmed in his post:

If you’re in a copper-only area and we’re able to stream your Sky Sports over your broadband (‘Broadband Channels’), you’ll have received a letter in the post letting you know.

As I have not recieved this letter yet, and no-one at BT is giving me a clear cut answer to my question - "CAN I RECIEVE SKY SPORTS IF I DO NOT HAVE INFINITY" - then I can only assume that I cannot recieve it and they are stalling on providing the answer in order to keep my custom for as long as possible, until I finally bite the bullet and move to an alternative supplier, who provides a stack of channels via satellite. At least it's pretty clear cut what the alternative is supplying!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 45 of 63

Go to solution

I've had the letter. It arrived before any public indication that some customers will be getting linear channels on ADSL, causing a deal of confusion by saying without explanation that Sky Sports would be delivered by broadband rather than the aerial from some time after 12 June.

It remains a bit unclear generally, though DavidM's post certainly suggests that you would have heard by now if you're going to get the service. Either way it will become clear soon because one certain thing is that Freeview Sky Sports will be kaput by the end of the month.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 46 of 63

Go to solution

I'll await with baited breath has to be a **bleep** Ashes summer doesn't it, though as I am at the weekend days the first test is ok.

🙂

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 47 of 63

Go to solution

Just got my letter giving me 3 weeks notice that I will not be able to get Sky Sports 1 & 2 because I don't live in an Infinity area. But they state that Infinity should be coming soon!! From what I can gather probably in about 3 years.

So my question why aren't BT providing Sky ! and 2 through the aerial in non Infinity areas for their loyal customers?

I know the answer - I am 50 years old and throughout my entire life, BT / Britsih Telecom whatever they've been called, have always provided the most appalling customer service - they don't care. Self evident by their mediocre BT Vision service and the joke of a software update they did on the box last year.

So it's off to Sky and expecting a far better customer service experience, after all it couldn't be worse. 

Highlighted
Expert
Message 48 of 63

Go to solution

@DavidM wrote:
Hi Infinidim,

Thanks for posting. I'll chase this up for you and get a definitive answer. As soon as I have it I'll post it up.

Cheers

David

David, any news?

Infinidim
Megadodo Publications
Ursa Minor Beta

If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side
If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 49 of 63

Go to solution

@Robbief wrote:

Hi infinidim I really hope this works out for all you on the 1st black box 256 version hoping DavidM has some good news for you all.

Robbief - I have now written to Warren Buckley (Managing Director, Customer Services, BT Retail) and Ian Livingston (CEO BT Group) raising the whole issue of BT Vision+ (black boxes like mine) and the ordering of BT Sport (BT TV) on them if you have BT Infinity installed.

I have had a reply back from Warren Buckley saying that he will investigate this on my behalf.

I wait with interest to see what will happen here.

Infinidim
Megadodo Publications
Ursa Minor Beta

If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side
If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 50 of 63

Go to solution

Nothing but BT Sport.

38 matches instead of 100+

0 Ratings