cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 710

Bangor Gwynedd (WNBG) slowdowns/drops.

Recently several people who are connected to the Bangor Gwynedd exchange posted that they were experiencing slowdowns and connection drops with their Infinity service.

What's the situation now? Is anyone still having the same problem or was it resolved?

0 Ratings
709 REPLIES 709
Highlighted
Guru
Guru
Message 2 of 710

Re: Bangor Gwynedd (WNBG) slowdowns/drops.

Noswaith dda Tourist,

Please can you also post the results of a BTWholesale speedtest (via a wired Ethernet Connection). 

The link is: http://speedtest.btwholesale.com After Quick Test is done you need to click "Further Diagnostics" to get IP Profile.

Then post the results here please. It should look something like this (Though of course should be better than my example below)   :

speedtest-5-11-12pm.png

Are you still getting slowdowns in speed with your FTTC BT Infinity service?

Diolch 🙂

jac_95 | BT.com Help Site | BT Service Status
Someone Solved Your Question?
Please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Try a Search
See if someone in the community had the same problem and how they got it resolved.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 710

Nos da, Jac. Smiley Happy

I'm not actually a BT Infinity customer, I'm just trying to get a feel for how other people's fibre service is performing on this exchange after reading that some users were having similar problems to me. I hope that's ok.

Diolch yn fawr. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Guru
Guru
Message 4 of 710

Dim problem, Tourist.

I believe the issues with the Bangor exchange regarding Openreach's FTTC fibre infrastructure and the service in Gwynedd and North Wales was resolved. 

We haven't had any more posts/reports regarding this on the forum.

If you are still currently having any issues with your FTTC service then I would recommend contacting your ISP to see what they can do.

Hope you get it sorted soon. Pob Lwc 🙂

jac_95 | BT.com Help Site | BT Service Status
Someone Solved Your Question?
Please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Try a Search
See if someone in the community had the same problem and how they got it resolved.
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 710

Diolch yn fawr, Jac.

I'm currently in the process of trying to resolve my problem with my ISP (still at the early stages, i.e. investigating my equipment, at the moment) so thought I'd try and gather as much information as I can about the wider FTTC problems at my exchange to perhaps help move things along a bit quicker.

Diolch i ti eto, Jac.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 710

It's anything but resolved. It's a daily nightmare trying to get a connection here in Bangor.

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 7 of 710

Luddite, have you tried registering for Thinkbroadband's "broadband quality/ping monitor"?

You can find it on TBB's tools page (link below). You'll need to register an account with them first but it's free and easy to set up. The service monitors your connection 24/7 by pinging your router and measuring latency and packet loss.

http://www.thinkbroadband.com/tools.html

I've had it running since yesterday and the results have been very interesting - it shows that I'm experiencing packet loss spikes that coincide with the periods that my internet connection is unresponsive/very slow.

It could be helpful if more people on our exchange who are experiencing problems use this monitor. It would be interesting to compare graphs and could reveal some common occurrences that may help pinpoint the cause.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 710

Will take a look now.

Cheers

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Sage
Message 9 of 710

The BT HH will not respond to pings so you'll have to connect a device to it that will.
Highlighted
Message 10 of 710

I have the same problem - ongoing since before Christmas Smiley Sad

My Home Hub thinks it's connected. If I type an address into the web browser it does the DNS lookup fine, and I can ping the site I'm trying to connect to and it comes back in about 16ms, but no data comes down the line. This happens regularly during the day for periods from a few minutes to the best part of an hour. It's driving me around the bend and trying to get BT's support people to deal with it is an equal nightmare - I just keep going around in circles.

Is there any way of cutting through the first line support people who just read from a script and get through to someone who actually understands what's going on?

0 Ratings