cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 83

Barnby Exchange (EABBY) accepting Orders (Who from?)

My local exchange according to the open reach "where and when" search map is accepting orders but, as I am sure many of you have already found out this is misleading. Just a couple of questions.

I have read that the status AO (Accepting Orders) indicates that the exchange has been upgraded and at least 10 cabinets have been upgraded to FTTC.

You guessed it, I cannot place an order.

I looked on the Sam Knows website and it says that the exchange serves approximately 719 residential and 57 non residential premises. I have read that a single cabinet can serve (depending on the size of the cabinet) between 120 - 280 homes. (The figures vary depending on what site you look at) but I think you get my point. 

If the exchange along with the 10 cabinets have been upgraded why can no one place an order? If they have not been upgraded why is the open reach map indicating AO

Very frustrating

0 Ratings
82 REPLIES 82
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 83

Re: Barnby Exchange (EABBY) accepting Orders (Who from?)

sennd a email to Openreach using the  email address posted 

nga.enquiries@openreach.co.uk

openreach will email you back but may take a week or so and give you information on your line and if infinity will be available and estimated date

0 Ratings
Expert
Message 3 of 83

With an exchange of that size, I'd be surprised if it's got 10 cabs at all. More like 3 or 4, but they will be placed sporadically. Usually they'll put them all in all directions going out of the main village and then the lines more than about 1.5km outside of the village won't be able to get fibre. And also for the same for the houses right near the exchange as they may only be exchange only in which case you're stuffed for fibre.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Expert
Message 4 of 83

Has your cabinet been upgraded? Find out by checking your phone number here www.dslchecker.bt.com
--
To say thanks for a helpful answer, please click the white star
0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 83

My cabinet has not been upgraded according to the open reach checker.

This is why I am asking the question. When the status of the exchange is indicated as AO then the exchange + 10 cabinets have been upgraded. Why is my exchange indicated as AO? My connection is not directly to the exchange but from cabinet 1. which is .08 miles from my property.

I have tried to find out out how many cabinets are in my local exchange to no avail. The criteria for the current status of the local exchange indicating AO for superfast broadband is as I have stated "the exchange + 10 cabinets have been upgraded"

If my exchange serves less than 10 cabinets why is it indicating AO?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Expert
Message 6 of 83

The answer is in your question
--
0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 83

?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Expert
Message 8 of 83

"When the status of the exchange is indicated as AO then the exchange + 10 cabinets have been upgraded"
--
0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 83

Yes

My local exchange is indicated as AO. But as someone else has pointed out in an earlier response my exchange may have less than 10 cabinets. So why is my local exchange indicating AO?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Expert
Message 10 of 83

So 10 cabinets have been upgraded
--
0 Ratings