cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 11 of 83

Re: Barnby Exchange (EABBY) accepting Orders (Who from?)

Your exchange is accepting orders but only from cabinets that have been upgraded. You say that your cabinet has not been upgraded so that will be the reason you can not order Infinity. As regards why your cabinet has not been upgraded, you would need to email Openreach and ask them.

Email Openreach at  nga.enquiries@openreach.co.uk giving them your cabinet number, exchange,telephone number and address and they should be able to reply with the up to date information. They can take a coupe of weeks to reply.

0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 12 of 83

OK

What I want to know is how many cabinets have been upgraded on my loacal exchange compared to how many cabinets are served by my loacal exchange. I know my cabinet has not been upgraded. Where can I find this information regarding the number of cabinets served compared to how many cabinets have been upgraded?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Expert
Message 13 of 83

I think that is commercially sensitive information and will only be available on a need-to-know basis.
--
To say thanks for a helpful answer, please click the white star
0 Ratings
Guru
Guru
Message 14 of 83

Hi trooper

The Openreach Superfast Fibre Broadband Scheme is being rolled out, done and managed by Openreach for ALL ISPs/CPs so BT Retail (a communication provider/ISP whom operates this forum) does not have much say as to when and if you will be able to get fibre broadband (FTTC or FTTP or equivalent) as that is up-to Openreach.

As the others have said you wil probably be best to contact NGA Openreach to see if they have any additional information regarding upgrading your PCP (cab) with a FTTC Dslam cabinet.

However your area may be covered by your BDUK fibre broadband scheme which is Better Broadband for Suffolk rather than the Openreach Commercial fibre rollout scheme.

You can see an estimated timescale for your postcode area to be upgraded via the BDUK Better Broadband for Suffolk Scheme by going to http://www.betterbroadbandsuffolk.co.uk/LineCheck.aspx?

You can signup for the BDUK scheme by going to http://www.betterbroadbandsuffolk.com/SignUp.aspx

If your area is covered by the Better Broadband for Suffolk BDUK scheme you can also contact the Suffolk broadband BDUK scheme (instead of the Openreach Commercial scheme - ie NGA Openreach) by using this email address: broadband@suffolk.gov.uk with your landline phone number, postcode and exchange name to see if they can supply you with any more information or if you are within scope of the Better Broadband for Suffolk BDUK scheme

Regarding how many cabinets are within your exchange area, this is considered commercially sensitive data. Openreach are unlikely to tell you this I'm afraid.

Hope that helps,

Cheers

**The Commercial Fibre-Optic Broadband Rollout is being managed and done by Openreach for all communication providers/ISPs. The BDUK fibre broadband schemes are managed by Openreach along with your local authority.BT Retail (a communication provider/ISP) has nothing to do with the rollout of fibre broadband.**

jac_95 | BT.com Help Site | BT Service Status
Someone Solved Your Question?
Please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Try a Search
See if someone in the community had the same problem and how they got it resolved.
0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 15 of 83

Well I need to know. So where can I find the information?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Expert
Message 16 of 83

Why do you need to know exactly?
--
To say thanks for a helpful answer, please click the white star
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 17 of 83

What part of all the previous posts are you having a problem with, you have been told how to contact Opnereach and that they are unlikely to tell you what you "need" to know.

0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 18 of 83

To find out if the stated criteria for receiving a superfast broadbant connection is as stated "local exchange + 10 cabinets upgraded to FTTC is true or not?

0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 19 of 83

But I want to know

0 Ratings
Guru
Guru
Message 20 of 83

Hi trooper

If you read here: http://www.superfast-openreach.co.uk/the-big-build/

it states:

The final stage is building from the exchange to the new street cabinets. When the first 10 cabinets are ready, we'll let our customers (ie ISPs & Communication Providers) know and they can start to offer superfast fibre broadband services.

Of course the number of FTTC cabinets needed to be ready for the exchange to be "set" as accepting orders for fibre broadband can change depending on certain situations.

However your best port of call is to contact NGA Openreach or your Better Broadband for Suffolk BDUK scheme for more information regarding installing a new FTTC cabinet connected to your current PCP.

I'm afraid Openreach will not tell you how may cabinets or where they are located due to it being sensitive information

jac_95 | BT.com Help Site | BT Service Status
Someone Solved Your Question?
Please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Try a Search
See if someone in the community had the same problem and how they got it resolved.
0 Ratings