cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Carolswain
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

Battery backup box for FTTP modem shows continuous red light

We had a power cut a day or two ago and ever since, the middle (red) light on the battery backup box is on all the time. The left hand (green) light on the battery backup is also on all the time, but not the right hand (yellow?) one, all the lights on the modem are normal, the hub shows a blue light and both broadband and phone are working fine.

I have swapped the batteries for a newly charged set, but that made no difference.

Last time we had this problem, someone from BT called me back and talked me through the process to reboot something.

Unfortunately I cannot remember what I had to do.

I have tried ringing and online chat with BT, but in both cases I just got stuck on hold for what seemed forever, but was actually about 40 minutes.

I have also tweeted about the problem, but again nobody has replied.

Can anyone help?

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
pippincp
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Battery backup box for FTTP modem shows continuous red light

Unfortunately this being a community support forum there aren't many who can assist. I have asked a mod to drop in to provide guidance for you.

0 Ratings
Carolswain
Beginner
Message 3 of 4

Thank you for trying to help.

0 Ratings
SeanD
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 4 of 4

Hi Carolswain,

Thanks for the post and welcome to the forum.  I am sorry to hear that you have been unable to get through to BT to get some advice.

Usually for FTTP issues I would just give you the contact number for FTTP faults (0800 800 151) however if you are having problems getting through to them, then please send me your details and I will try and help.  It may be a couple of days before we get back to you due to the small size of our team but if you don't mind waiting I am sure we will find someone to help you.  Please email rather than sending a PM.

Click on my username (SeanD) and you will find our contact link under the 'About me' section of my profile. Once we have your details we will arrange for someone trained in FTTP to give you a shout and talk you through the reboot or whatever else is required.

Cheers

Sean

PS - I came across this help article over on BT.com and thought it may help, Questions about the battery back-up unit

0 Ratings