Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 15

Battery replacements big problems

Go to solution

My phone batteries are beginning to run out of the steam with the bleep bleep noise warning me of lack of power after half an hour conversation....randomly I chose some own brand AAA battery which seems to work with two of the phones, when I ran out and bought some more, I bought Duracell, didn't work, Energiser, didn't work, Tesco own brand, didn't work. I am really cross I've spent about £14 on batteries and none work, all brand new, all wasted. What supermarket AAA batteries work in these F-ing phone?! This really has to stop BT, please make your phones accept any AAAs please. Next time I won't be buying BT phones at this rate. 

0 Ratings
14 REPLIES 14
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 15

Re: Battery replacements big problems

Go to solution

? Cordless phones.

You are using rechargeable batteries aren't you??

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 15

Go to solution
A lot of phones use rechargeable batteries - did you check?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 15

Go to solution
Snap imjolly
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 15

Go to solution
Lol

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 6 of 15

Go to solution

Hi vanessajw,

I've located the following information on bt.com/help and randomly choosing batteries is not recommended, this could be dangerous if they are not rechargeable or compatible with the phone. 

Important information about replacing batteries

You must replace the batteries with rechargeable batteries of the same type and rating (see your user guide for the correct type). Using incorrect batteries or non-rechargeable batteries could damage your phone, cause overheating or a possible fire or explosion.

Batteries are available from the BT Helpline. The Helpline number is in the user guide and sometimes on the underneath of the base station of your product.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 7 of 15

Go to solution

No I'm not, I've found that Sainsburys own brand do work in the past, but the fact that all these other makes don't really make me cross. I don't see why this has to be a big problem.

I am going to look at a charger base for re-charging the batteries inside, as I have now noticed they are re-chargeable, but it's so tiny print you wouldn't know unless you knew already and were looking. I would expect any gadget, phone or remote to take any type of AAA batteries. Not have to do a major amount of research on which ones to get after wasted and expensive mistakes. 

Thank you every one for your help though. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 8 of 15

Go to solution

Hi vanessajw,

What's the model of your phone? If you set the handset on the base station it will normally charge the batteries in the phone but don't try this if you have put non-rechargeable batteries in the phone handset as this is dangerous.

Neil

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 9 of 15

Go to solution

In the end I rang up the number in the user guide and have ordered new expensive batteries from BT at vast expense, For another £15 I could have bought a new pair of handsets from Gigaset, another time perhaps. Not pleased, I shall consider another make for the next handsets, are other phone make handsets like this? 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 10 of 15

Go to solution

I believe most if not all cordless phones use rechargeable batteries.

There is no need to buy a charger, as Neil says it is built into the base units.

I have a set of cordless phones that are at least 10 years old and have never had to replace the rechargeable batteries.