I agree that with your attenuation it should be possible to get about 16mb.
the errors are high even for 5 days connected but speed is ok at 12mb and noise margin is also ok so depends if you want to 'rock the boat' or wait until there is a problem with your conenction before going 'through the hoops' again
I don't really want to pester him though I think I've nagged him enough and to be honest he's been more than helpful.
Like Jolly said if it's going to be a big hastle doing something then I might consider leaving it but it depends what can be done first.
If there is something simple that can be done like doing another resync for ten days I'll try that.
Now that the noise margin has settled is there no way of forcing a resync or something similar on my end?
your current noise margin is about normal 6db so not much scope there and dropping to the new level of 3db which I and others have may well start the drops in conenction again
if it was mine then I probably would want to get the better connection but I don't need the conenction for any work and can make/try most of the suggestions to improve my connection
as you have experienced there is nothing worse that the connection continually dropping until you eventually get the problem fixed
your choice though
Well I have an old dongle that has some credit on it and it will provide me with an emergency connection for up to a month (then a further top-up if needed).
How do I go about getting mine increased?