cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lovelylisa22
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 56

Been ten days since upgrde to ADSL2+.

Just thought I'd post the stats. I've had no restarts for five days. My noise margin seems better though but errors look high.

ADSL Line Status
Connection Information
Line state:
Connected
Connection time:
5 days, 14:00:03
Downstream:
12.39 Mbps
Upstream:
1.146 Mbps

ADSL Settings
VPI/VCI:
0/38
Type:
PPPoA
Modulation:
G.992.5 Annex A
Latency type:
Interleaved
Noise margin (Down/Up):
5.5 dB / 5.7 dB
Line attenuation (Down/Up):
28.5 dB / 13.7 dB
Output power (Down/Up):
20.4 dBm / 12.1 dBm
FEC Events (Down/Up):
497820104 / 3425
CRC Events (Down/Up):
130317 / 275
Loss of Framing (Local/Remote):
0 / 0
Loss of Signal (Local/Remote):
0 / 0
Loss of Power (Local/Remote):
0 / 0
HEC Events (Down/Up):
5033695 / 333
Error Seconds (Local/Remote):
220517 / 743

Hide details

0 Ratings
55 REPLIES 55
lovelylisa22
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 56

Re: Been ten days since upgrde to ADSL2+.

Based on attenuation it should be higher downstream than it is and I'm guessing that the noise margin is good?
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 56

I agree that with your attenuation it should be possible to get about 16mb.

the errors are high even for 5 days connected but speed is ok at 12mb and noise margin is also ok so depends if you want to 'rock the boat' or wait until there is a problem with your conenction before going 'through the hoops' again

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
lovelylisa22
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 56

Thanks Jolly,

I'm not sure whether or not to leave it. I agree 12mb is good and I get about 1.2-1.3mb/s download.

More is always appealing though and I do worth from home so its a bonus.

What would increasing it entail?
0 Ratings
astar27
Expert
Message 5 of 56

i would go back to lee and ask for his opinion.
0 Ratings
lovelylisa22
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 56

I don't really want to pester him though I think I've nagged him enough and to be honest he's been more than helpful.

Like Jolly said if it's going to be a big hastle doing something then I might consider leaving it but it depends what can be done first.

If there is something simple that can be done like doing another resync for ten days I'll try that.

Now that the noise margin has settled is there no way of forcing a resync or something similar on my end?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 56

your current noise margin is about normal 6db so not much scope there and dropping to the new level of 3db which I and others have may well start the drops in conenction again

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
lovelylisa22
Aspiring Expert
Message 8 of 56

Hmm if these were your stats what is your opinion? 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 56

if it was mine then I probably would want to get the better connection but I don't need the conenction for any work and can make/try most of the suggestions to improve my connection

as you have experienced there is nothing worse that the connection continually dropping until you eventually get the problem fixed

your choice though

0 Ratings
lovelylisa22
Aspiring Expert
Message 10 of 56

Well I have an old dongle that has some credit on it and it will provide me with an emergency connection for up to a month (then a further top-up if needed).

How do I go about getting mine increased?

0 Ratings