cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 31 of 56

Re: Been ten days since upgrde to ADSL2+.

What's your line estimation on https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/main.html ?
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 32 of 56

it may do but it could take longer than 3 days and as you know from reading other posts it is noise margins and ip profile resets that the mods get asked for the most
i had a smilar connection to yours i was told it should be about 15.5mb but i never got above 14 mb and that was when the noise margin went to 3 db that is why i have some doubt as to weather you will get much more out of the connection
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 33 of 56

I would hope the line now stays stable with the higher noise margin of 9db which if you can stay stable for 3+ days then you can get mmods to reset to 6db which will increase your conenction speed.  you may even in time have your noise margin dropped to 3db which would give even more speed but can make some lines more prone to crc/hec errors which although faster connection speed acn slow down your downlodd speed

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 34 of 56

Our test also indicates that your line currently supports an estimated ADSL Max broadband line speed of 5.5Mbps; typically the line speed would range between 4Mbps and 8Mbps.

Our test also indicates that your line currently supports an estimated ADSL2+ broadband line speed of 7Mbps; typically the line speed would range between 4.5Mbps and 11.5Mbps. Our test also indicates that your line could support an estimated ADSL 2+ Annex-M broadband upstream line speed of 1Mbps and downstream line speed of 7Mbps; typically the downstream speed would range between 4.5Mbps and 11.5Mbps.

This has never been accurate though because I had 8mb on ADSL max and then went straight to 12.5mb on ADSL2+.

The attenuation checker on Kitz shows I should get roughly 16mb but I don't know how accurate that site is so someone will have to confirm.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 35 of 56

Thanks for that information John and Jolly.

If there is nothing I can do to get more than 12.99 then that's fine but I'm sure you guys are just as keen on the internet as me and more speed is always better 🙂

If it means cutting out every 5 minutes though I won't but for now I'd like to see if it can go faster.  I'd be gutted if it could and I didn't even try.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 36 of 56

the kitz works on ideal conditions the wholesale checker works on historic line data and data from neighbouring lines in the area as well
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 37 of 56

sorry if i've missed something, have you taken the bell wire out of every other socket as well?
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 38 of 56

I still think with the current noise margin of 9db and the recent removal of bellwire that there is more speed available by getting noise margin down to 6db

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 39 of 56

Yes we only have two sockets and currently using the master socket near the front door and all others have been removed too.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 40 of 56

Hope so Jolly!  I'm nipping out in five minutes so I'll check back and see if anything happens when I get home thankyou for all the advice I won't be long!

0 Ratings