Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 41 of 90

Re: Beighton - Sheffield - Still No Infinity

I got bored of waiting....

Hello there,

Thank you for your reply, however this didn't answer my question (again). I was after an update on where things are, surely you should know if your project has reached this area yet? Aren't you managing the whole delivery for South Yorkshire?

I understand the caveats below, I have had them for the last 18 months, what I would like is confirmation that work is going ahead, and not to be fobbed off like we are just stupid.

BT are saying there was a problem with my order, that's it! My neighbour has been told by an Openreach engineer they can't deliver his Infinity because the Cab isn't cabled up yet (which would no doubt be my Cab too).

Can you see our frustration here? No one is telling us anything.

You have already stated the below:

EO lines are covered within the programme and within the expected phase subject to localised survey.  The technology used differs slightly but this has been taken into account during the planning stages and going forward in the deployment stages.  Usually a new cabinet will be installed between the exchange and a number of EO premises served by the exchange

So that's something... now we are almost at the end of October,  how did the localised survey go? where are we with the "new cabinet", is this "slightly differing technology" still a valid solution? Are our poor EO lines actually still in scope?

These are simple questions to which I hope you can provide the simple answers to. I don't think we are asking for too much.

Again, I appreciate your help in advance,

Will let you know as always.

0 Ratings
Message 42 of 90

I have been following this thread for a while now, well, just before I was planning on moving to the area.

I live not too far away from the Springwell estate, on Waterthorpe, and am also unfortunate enough to be on the all dreaded Exchange Only line! Which is extremely annoying when moving from an area with 60mb down/18mb up speeds. The reason I wasn't too concerned was that the SFSY states my postcode will also be getting Fibre on Phase 5: October to December 2016.

This is clearly not happening and I am also unfortunate enough not to have the "In scope" logo on when I check my postcode on the "Where and when" Openreach fibre checker.

I check on roadworks.org quite regularly, I also noticed BT seemed to move some of the EO line to a cabinet, which they also did on Waterthorpe with a road near me, but seemed to skip mine!!!!!! I did notice Springwell estate had the same treatment, but this was a mistake from what I saw?

Anyway, on the roadworks.org site, I can see a BT Openreach roadwork information for near Springwell. It states....

Description:    SFNY. Install 20m of 2 poly ducts in Verge,Provide 1 Cabinet and base (NGA cabinets)...

The SFNY part seems to correlate to Superfast North Yorkshire too (Even though should be SFSY but could be a typo, or accident) but maybe it's just coincidence and it means something completley different in Openreach lingo (More likely to be the case

From using the website Codelook, it seems some of Springwell uses the cabinet 10, and to me, this looks like it is adding a fibre cabinet to cabinet 10.

What I'd guess is they thought at the time it would be a good idea to move the lines to Cabinet 45, and perhaps that wasn't a good idea and so are now going to do the same with this cabinet 10.

If you want to find it yourselves, it's near Damon's on the roundabout.

My postcode however doesn't have any signs of being finished which is very frustrating, though I am slightly (Not much!) better of with around 6/7mb download (Mostly 6mb) and just under 1mb up. But I do hope it will get done soon, as I would have thought twice about buying this house. I don't think BT realise how far behind they really are with rolling out superfast fibre.

I hope this post helps you beightonbat and voddie1979. Feel free to PM me if you want to discuss further 🙂

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 43 of 90

Thats really useful information thanks.

I will keep my eye open for anyone working on that cabinet and if I see someone i will ask them if they know whats going on and keep you all posted.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 44 of 90

I did mention the other day that work was due to commence on the cabinet and it's not too far from where you live and it's possible that some line plant rearragment will be going on...
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 45 of 90

BT rang back today as promised, they are still working on completing my order apparently and will call back with a further update on 08/11/16.

There seems to be a lot of road works near the Indian restaurant across the road from Damons, but not seen any Openreach cabinets?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 46 of 90

REply from SFSY this morning too...

Hello,

I’ve managed a bit more information for you.

The survey stage is complete and work has started on the cabinet, which will be an all in one or “Onesie” PCP / DSLAM hybrid, the “slightly different” technology referred to previously.

Your EO line is still in scope and remains in deployment phase 5 (Oct – Dec 2016).

As mentioned previously, you will receive an email from SFSY when we are notified that your postcode is live.

Kind regards

SFSY

So still sounds promising Smiley Happy

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 47 of 90

Suspected some line plant rearragement. As I said earlier, the databases can often get a bit mixed up during the months when work is starting.

Keep checking and keep us updated
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 48 of 90

Hi Webby,

Indeed, but always good to know, since the Openreach website still says:

You're in a plan to get Superfast fibre but we haven't started work yet. It'll be built either as part of our fibre programme or through a partnership with your local authority.

And doesnt give any inclination as to when work WILL start...

Hopefully this will serve the Waterthorpe area also and we'll all have decent connectivity by Xmas 🙂

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 49 of 90

The BDUK schemes and Openreach tracker don't always match up although once work begins and the cabinet is installed then the tracker is usually updated with the various steps as they progress.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 50 of 90

Clearly 🙂

Will keep you all updated as soon as I hear more.