cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 4

Being Charged for other Accounts

I checked my Bank Account last Sunday and noticed that I had got 5 BT Direct Debits set up.

All of them had a different BT Reference Number.

I currently only have BT Sport on Sky platform (for around 12 months) so I am used to see one account.

I have cancelled the unwanted Direct Debits but one was too late and I have been deducted £ 51.93 from my Bank Account.

I have contacted BT first thing on Monday morning but I am still waiting a response.

There are no other unusual entries on my bank statement as I am now checking it daily.

I would be grateful of any advice as I want my £ 51.93 back and am also concerned that my bank details have been compromised.

Many Thanks for any help

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Being Charged for other Accounts

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

Highlighted
Message 3 of 4

Hi @drb03  I agree that's too many BT accounts. 

We will be happy to look into what going on here and help you with this if you send us your details. You can contact us by clicking on my user name and selecting contact the mods.

Thanks
John

Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 4

drb03 wrote:

I would be grateful of any advice as I want my £ 51.93 back and am also concerned that my bank details have been compromised.

Obviously you should take up JohnC2's offer of help. Meanwhile, though, under the Direct Debit Guarantee you can get an immediate refund from your bank by telling them that you did not authorise the payment.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.