cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
541star
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

Being charged for 12months sim only plan contract by bt despite cancelling within 14 days

Go to solution
I got a 12 month SIM only plan on 1st Nov but due to extremely poor internet service I called bt and cancelled on 11th Nov. This is within the 14 days cooling period. Bt seemed to have a problem cancelling my contract as it took 5 calls (was hung up on 2ce). At last, i was put through to a lady that cancelled my contract and gave me the PAC code over the phone and said i will also get a text message afterwards. I waited for a while and when I didn't got any message, i called again and another staff of bt read out the same code to me. Still i called again after a few hour as no text came and was lastly told by a very unhelpful staff at the billings team to wait for 24hrs.
I gave the PAC code that was given to me over the phone to 3 which was my new provider but was told the code was invalid, i called bt and the lady i spoke to said it was a fault such as they haven't had befor but their faults team will resolve and email the code to me, when I told her I had called to cancel on 11th she promised to put all the notes on my account saying i should not be charged and the code should automatically cancel any charge. I did get the email from the faults dept on the 16th Nov and it had the same code i was earlier given over the phone and the quote below is a part of the email....

( You'll need to give it to your new provider before it expires on 10/12/2017. If you don't use it in time, you'll have to ask for a new one.
If you stop your service before your current contract ends, you'll need to pay for the months that are left. So you may have some charges added to your bill to cover this
Sorry you're thinking of leaving
If you're not happy with something, you've had technical problems or you want to check you're getting our best deal, just call us on 0800 800 150. We'd love to help)

Then on 20th Nov I got an email from bt that I cancelled early and have to pay £102.85 besides the £12 Bill for Nov. I called and spoke to their billing team who listened to the call I had with the last lady and said a case manager will call and i gave my available time as from 6pm. The case manager called around 12noon while i was at work and I missed the call as I was at work, I did try calling back but was told he had rescheduled the call to 6pm. The call never came and since then i have called bt several times but no call back from bt. Every time I call i would be told to expect a call after 6pm.

I don't know what to do now, will cancelling direct debit help???
0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
StewM
Guru
Message 2 of 6

Re: Being charged for 12months sim only plan contract by bt despite cancelling within 14 days

Go to solution

Hi welcome to the forum. BT have treated you very poorly here. I will get some Mod help.

Stew

0 Ratings
JohnC2
Message 3 of 6

Re: Being charged for 12months sim only plan contract by bt despite cancelling within 14 days

Go to solution

Hi @541star Sorry that you have not been able to get these issues with your BT Mobile account. 

We will be happy to help you get this resolved if you send us your details. You can contact us by clicking on my user name and selecting contact the mods.

Thanks
John

0 Ratings
541star
Beginner
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution
Thank you @StewM and @JohnC2. I have filled the form at contact mod.
Regards
541star
0 Ratings
JohnC2
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

Hi @541star Thanks for taking my call earlier and just to confirm for the community the cancellation charges advised in the email were not raised on your final bill. Also the money you had paid will be refunded back to your bank account and will be with you in 5 working days.

cheers

John

0 Ratings
farcanal123
Beginner
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

I have the same thing going on right now. BT have bent over backward to block all my protestations and actually give me some help..

I have written to Gavin Patterson giving him full details of whats going on with BTs so called "help lines" and I am not holdingmy breath but i suspect a court case is the only way to solve this problem.

I have refused to give them any money until the problem is resolved and I have been compensated..

FAT CHANCE tho right?

0 Ratings