Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
selectortone
Contributor
Message 1 of 5

Being charged for exceeding limit for one month

Go to solution

I'm onOption1.

In January I exceeded my 10GB usage limit - I used 10.2GB. This is the first time I have exceeded the limit for nearly two years (since my kids left home).

In my latest bill I have been charged an extra £5.00 for this.

The Fair Usage Policy it states: "If it is the first month that the allowance is exceeded, we will waive the charge and send you an email confirming the amount of additional usage and notifying you that any further over-use in subsequent months will be charged."

So if I read this correctly BT should not be charging me for this one month excess.

Is this correct?

Thanks

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
minusdot
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 5

Re: Being charged for exceeding limit for one month

Go to solution

@selectortone wrote:

I'm onOption1.

In January I exceeded my 10GB usage limit - I used 10.2GB. This is the first time I have exceeded the limit for nearly two years (since my kids left home).

In my latest bill I have been charged an extra £5.00 for this.

The Fair Usage Policy it states: "If it is the first month that the allowance is exceeded, we will waive the charge and send you an email confirming the amount of additional usage and notifying you that any further over-use in subsequent months will be charged."

So if I read this correctly BT should not be charging me for this one month excess.

Is this correct?

Thanks

Are you not saying that you exceeded if before - 2 years ago? It does seem a bit mean.

0 Ratings
selectortone
Contributor
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

I was reading it as two consecutive months where the charge is exceeded.

If they are are keeping records from two years ago then yes, it is pretty mean, especially given the small amount I exceeded the limit by.

0 Ratings
Geoff93
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution
The policy used to be that you only got charged for the 2nd and subsequent months if they were consecutive but that changed sometime last year. If you have the time try ringing billing and ask them to explain why you have been charged - 0800 800 150
selectortone
Contributor
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

Wow... thank you Geoff93, I'm amazed -- I called billing, got a very helpful person in India, explained the issue and my £5.00 has been refunded.