cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 21

Being overcharged for additional broadband I'm not using

Please could somebody help me with this as I'm getting nowhere fast with your customer services!

I've had BT infinity broadband since Dec 2011, my monthly allowance is 40gb per month and my average usuage has always been 20-25gb per month. Last month I was told by BT that I used 48gb of my monthly allowance and would be charged £5 for extra 5gb I went over.

On Friday 13th of this month, I spent nearly two hours being pushed from pillar to post trying to explain that I hadn't changed anything in what I viewed on-line. I explained I didn't stream music, movies, iplayer but the attitude I received was disgusting.

I was told that 'The data BT receives states the usuage of broadband and that I had to pay accordingly!'

I likened this to credit card fraud but the difference is that I would be compensated for such fraud whereas BT refused to accept my explanation - as their paying cutomer - that it's impossible that I would suddenly double my broadband usuage!

On Friday 13th, I was told that a report would be made on my account and I would be contacted in 48hrs with their findings but guess what?! No call 48 hours later and I've just checked my usuage and I'm over the 40gb allowance already.

I've changed my password to access my broadband and no-one else has access apart from my wife and I.

Furthermore, BT claim on one particular weekend, my total usuage was 6-8gb which is completely impossible as we were away on this weekend.

Please can somebody with any ounce of customer service deal with this situation?!!!

0 Ratings
20 REPLIES 20
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 21

Re: Appalling customer service from BT!!!

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.

Once you get a reply, if you click on their name, you will see a screen like this. Click on the link as shown below.

Please do not send them a personal message, as they may not be on duty for a long time, and your message will not be tracked properly.

modpicture.jpg

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 3 of 21

Re: Being overcharged for additional broadband I'm not using

Hi markram75,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting!  I've just sent you a PM there.

I can check your broadband usage from here.  To get in touch, click on my username and under the section "about me" you'll see the link to "contact the mods".

Whenever we've received your details we'll take it from there.

All the best,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 4 of 21

Hello, 

I haven't heard back from anyone regarding my query and I'm being charged 'YET AGAIN' for going over my montly limit when I know I haven't.

I'm on the brink of cancelling with BT!!!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 21

The forum mods normally reply to you personally within 3/5 working days not including weekends by either  email or phone 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 21

You will have to wait about 5-6 working days at present, which do not include weekends.

Keep a note of the tracking number you were given when you submitted the form.

It will all be sorted, and if you have been overcharged, it will be dealt with.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 7 of 21

Thanks for letting me know

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 8 of 21

That was a thanks to both of you by the way

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 21

Did you get the PM (personal message)  from RobbieMac as well?

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 21

Broadband useage overcharge

Hi.  Sorry to tag on to this but I can't see where else to go!  Got my bill yesterday and discovered that I'd been charged an extra £10.60 for broadband useage last month.  No need to explain here how long it took to get through to speak to someone about it but when I did I was told that despite my average monthly useage being about 23gb (limit of 40gb) on 16 august I used 8.3gb and on 24 August I used 6.7gb.  The days in between are 500mb, 111mb, 200mb, 260mb, 265mb, etc, etc.  I replied to his questions that no, no-one had keys to my house, no, none of the neighbours had sneaked in and got a look at my password and no we did not download films or anything of the sort.  We are two adults using an ipad, an ipod and a laptop occasionally to look at the internet, social media sites, etc.  No downloading of music or films takes place.  When I got nowhere I asked to speak to the supervisor.  He was busy apparently but would phone me back within two hours.  Needless to say that never happened either.  I have now phoned again this morning and spoken to someone else who STILL would not put me through to a supervisor.  He agrees with me that this looks unusual given our normal usage but it could apparently be caused by downloads that happen annually (?) from apple or windows and this could have caused this spike.  I suppose my question here is, could that be possible?  Has anyone heard of that before?  I am NO expert and in the end gave up.  However, now I've found all of this I feel I should be doing something about this now rather than leaving it to happen again. 

Can anyone help with suggestions?  Many thanks. 

0 Ratings