Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
thompsbd
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 6

Belfast Cregagh - what is going on???

Hi all,

Have been completely without broadband since Sunday evening. Line syncs at its normal speed without issue but takes 10-15 minutes to establish a session with an IP address being allocated to the router. After that has happened, suffer at least 75% packet loss which means no browsing or internet at all.

Have been on with support every day since first outage who acknowledge something is wrong and report to BT wholesale. Service issue is then declared at Cregagh exchange for a few hours, then issue reported fixed but the issue affecting me has not been fixed. We've been around that loop several times now. Very frustrating.

Have tried using BTO modem with HH3 and HH4 as well as HH5 direct. Problem is the same across all.

Any suggestions or help appreciated.

Thanks

Brian

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
DavidM
Message 2 of 6

Re: Belfast Cregagh - what is going on???

Hi thompsbd,

Thanks for posting. I can look into this for you if you wish. Drop me an email with the details. You'll find the "contact us" form in the about me section of my profile. 

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
thompsbd
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 6

Connection came back to life at some point this afternoon. Hopefully the mods had some input. Thanks for your help.

0 Ratings
thompsbd
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 6

Spoke too soon....connection gone again with the same issue. Neighbours has gone too this time though, so not just me any more.

0 Ratings
Seamie
Contributor
Message 5 of 6

The cables have had to be rerouted which has upset some users who claim their broadband has always came down the same route. A large crowd has gathered and are maintaining a stand off with the openreach engineers. BT, local residents and the broadband commission are currently in talks to try and resolve the situation.
0 Ratings
thompsbd
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 6

And there I thought there was an orange and a green pair in each cable????

0 Ratings