Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 1 of 3

Best router for infinity 3 FTTP

Hello

I am having FTTP installed at my property next week and was after some up to date router guidance if possible.

I am not a very 'techy' person so don't know much about this sort of thing but I am thinking of using a different router than the HH5 that will be supplied.

I will be on the infinity 3 200mbps package and everything in my house will be connected to the router over wireless so I am looking for a router with the best wireless performance if possible as it will have a lot of devices connected to it such as TVs, sky boxes, phones, laptops and a desktop etc.

Does anyone recommend a router that would best suit my needs? Obviously I don't want to spend an extortionate amount but I don't mind forking out if it will improve my speed over a HH5.

Also is an aftermarket router easy to set up or does it require a lot if knowledge?

Many thanks
0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 2 of 3

Re: Best router for infinity 3 FTTP

I have the netgeat nighthawk R7000. I also have partially functioning infinity 3. The router part of the above has been great. The wireless is very good for me in a 3 story house. 5ghz on two floors but 2.4ghz everywhere.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 3 of 3

Re: Best router for infinity 3 FTTP

@SimonN

Many thanks for your recommendation. It seems the netgear r7000 is quite a popular choice after doing some research on the matter. All I'm after really is good wifi performance that will get as close to the 200Mbps speed as possible, I'm not sure I will get this with the hub5.

I'm also concerned regarding the problems the hub 5a has with ps4 connectivity, knowing my luck they will send me the 5a and not the 5b so don't really wanna take the risk. I think I shall play it safe and get the netgear and connect it straight up and ignore the hub 5 completely if that's ok to do?

Also, when you say you have partial infinity 3, I hope they are only partially charging you for it?
0 Ratings