Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
AdrianS
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 4

Best way to change from BTBBA?

coming onto this Forum could be sort and sweet for me, considering moving to another ISP, not decided which one yet, and then going back to PAYG mobile.

Which is the best way to go about this, ask for PAC code first, change the phone over and then get a MAC or is it best to do it all together, I don't want to lose my mobile number if BT pulls the pluhg before the number is ported.

Adrian
Tags (2)
0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Steve
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 4

Re: Best way to change from BTBBA?

I've just moved my mobile to Orange. Much better deal that BT offered, but I am staying with BT for home phone and BB. I got Option 3 for 6 months free and then 12 months for £22.50. My daughters are on Talktalk and Sky. I know they are a bit cheaper, but if you think BT customer service is bad, you should try one of those two. Connection speed and reliability are constant problems too.
0 Ratings
Steve
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 4

Tried to edit my post but can't see how. Best I think to move your mobile first then way up your options for the rest.
0 Ratings
AdrianS
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 4

Cheers for the reply.  BT won't move on offering me anything, ok they will give me the Touch 2 phone for nothing, that is if I agree to spend another £10 a month on a package I doubt I will use. The problem is that it is only Talk Talk and Orange that have unbundled our exchange, ok and Cable and wireless, so Bt no doubt don't think it is a threat.  Talk Talk I would not touch with a bargepole, I know what their customer service is like as I have had dealing with them on behalf of other people.

Orange seems okish, Sky I also had dealing with T.V wise as I had sky a few years back, but they have not unbundled here anyway.

I like the idea of a new phone and the broadband is okish, compared to what I have seen with Talk Talk broadband, BT is fantastic, I stuggled with Tal;k Talk yetseday while trying to sort out a computer.

The fact is Bt will not move, I thought at least they may have knocked a fiver off my broadband, but they don't seem interested and I moved to BT broadband anywhere to try and save money not spend more.

I am going to wit for a couple of months, give BT another call, see what they can do for me and if they still offer nothing then I will buzz elsewhere.

I thought it was cheaper to keep customers than to get new customers?

Adrian
0 Ratings