cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 1 of 61

Best way to get accurate information about Fibre availability?

I live in a rural area currently receiving less than 2mbps.

Openreach fibre optic checker has said that I would receive fibre optic in the next 4 months for 5months now.

A local twitter account dedicated to informing people when it is available has said my cabinet has ran into a Wayleave issue with no eta

An Openreach engineer who most recently said that should be ready in a couple of weeks...

Just where do I go for accurate information, living on 2meg is impossible this day and age not helped by the fact that it seems BT are in no rush to sort things out and give us accurate info!

Thanks!!
0 Ratings
60 REPLIES 60
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 61

Re: Best way to get accurate information about Fibre availability?

Enter your phone numb and post results. Remember to delete number. https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/main.html

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 3 of 61

BT BROADBAND AVAILABILITY CHECKER
Telephone Number ... on Exchange REDBROOK MAELOR is served by Cabinet 5
ADSL Products

Downstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Downstream Range(Mbps)

Availability Date

Left in Jumper

ADSL Max Up to 1 -- 0.75 to 2.5 Available -- --
Fixed Rate 2 -- -- Available -- --
For all ADSL and WBC Fibre to the Cabinet (VDSL or G.fast) services, the stable line rate will be determined during the first 10 days of service usage.

This line is on a Market A Exchange.

Throughput/download speeds will be less than line rates and can be affected by a number of factors within and external to BT's network, Communication Providers' networks and within customer premises.

The Stop Sale date for Datastream is from 30-Jun-2012; the Formal Retirement date for Datastream is from 30-Jun-2014.

If the End User wishes to migrate from their current Broadband supplier they will need to contact the Broadband supplier they want to take service from to arrange for the service to be migrated.

Please note that postcode and address check results are indicative only. Most accurate results can be obtained from a telephone number, NAD, UPRN or Access Line ID (ALID) check.
Note:

Thank you for your interest.

Hey again, nothing here that indicates or sheds any light on when it will be available 😞
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 61

either cabinet is not fibre activated or you are to far away from it to get fibre service
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 61

From what I can see it says expected may 2016 and it is being done under BDUK Wales so you would be best writing to them to get an update of when they expect go live date

I thought you would have seen some mention of FTTC if you were close enough to cab to get fibre. This gives idea of speed depending on how far from cabinet

original.png

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 6 of 61

I'm probably about 400m away from the cabinet is that too far?
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 7 of 61

Thankyou jolly is there any mention of a wayleave issue on cabinet 5 as that is what they have told me for the past 2 months on twitter, maybe they resolved it.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 61

You can see from the graph that would give you a good speed but are you sure that is your cab. The closest cab is normally yours but not always. There should be a number on the cab

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 61

As I said you need to contact BDUK Wales who will have more up to date information

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 10 of 61

I'm pretty sure that is my cab but there is also another one that is a similar distance away in the other direction if that makes sense probably around 500meters away from my property. Thankyou for your help hopefully soon I will have fibre been a long time coming!!
0 Ratings