cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Webby
Distinguished Sage
Message 51 of 61

Re: Best way to get accurate information about Fibre availability?

Just to add, Openreach have continues recruiting more and more engineers to get the roll out progressed quicker.

It's THE fastest roll out of it's kind in the world.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
James-C
BT Expert
Message 52 of 61

@jroden17

Which email address have you been trying to contact SFC with? was it the broadband@wales.gsi.gov.uk one?

I believe the info@superfast-cymru.com email is still being used, which was the original account they emailed responses from. I've recently been getting responses using this one so you could give that a try. There is a 5 day working aimed response time however they are usually good at replying back.

0 Ratings
jroden17
Contributor
Message 53 of 61

Yeah I had actually emailed the new one, will give the old one a try thanks for that!
0 Ratings
jroden17
Contributor
Message 54 of 61

So i've just got home and can for the first time ever get a 4G data connection of 18 meg usually only get 3g, is that any correlation that my local cab could now be more or less fibre ready?
0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 55 of 61

None at all.

0 Ratings
jroden17
Contributor
Message 56 of 61

Thankyou for shooting me down
0 Ratings
jroden17
Contributor
Message 57 of 61

Well SuperfastCymru finally got back to me but seems that there email response is just the generic 4months that the fibre checker website tells us, there twitter responses were a lot more detailed and up to date.

I had noticed that there was a big hole dug up right next to the cabinet on Saturday and also traffic lights and traffic cones, but the hole seems to have been filled and the roadworks are gone now so I guess that meant some work had been done.

0 Ratings
jroden17
Contributor
Message 58 of 61

So my cab is enabled and I ordered fibre, but I have to wait 14 days for activation and equipment... does that seem reasonable?

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 59 of 61

Yes

0 Ratings
jroden17
Contributor
Message 60 of 61

thankyou. I was reading other posts and seemed they had theres ordered and activated within days.

0 Ratings